Blinking engine light

Miles4k

So I have a 2010 Jeep JK with a 3.8 in it it's been running pretty decently in the past couple months but tonight when I got in and primed it the engine light came on and then started to blink... can anyone help me figure out what this could be?

Havoc40

You primed it? A blinking CEL when the engine is running means there's a reoccurring code being set, like a misfire etc. What code comes up when you cycle the key 3 times? Does it run ok?

WJCO

Meme King
A blinking engine light means your engine is running poor enough to damage the catalytic converter with unburned fuel. It flashes to get your attention. Explain the priming......you mean pressing the gas pedal multiple times before starting it? Don't need to do that on any fuel-injected vehicle, like since the late 80s.....if that's what you mean.

Havoc40

A blinking engine light means your engine is running poor enough to damage the catalytic converter with unburned fuel. It flashes to get your attention. Explain the priming......you mean pressing the gas pedal multiple times before starting it? Don't need to do that on any fuel-injected vehicle, like since the late 80s.....if that's what you mean.

I'm curious to the explanation on priming as well lol. I'm thinking he means letting the fuel pump "prime" the system by leaving the key on. Not 100% positive but I think mine blinks a few times when leaving the key on.

I didn't elaborate on the misfire stuff until I heard the explanation. But you're right, a type A misfire will cause some damage. A type B will eventually lead to an A but isn't as severe initially.

Top Bottom