Conumdrum of doors and the meaning of life

ichthus

There comes a time in a man's life when he must recognize the futility of existence with a 2-door Jeep. A family of 4, doth need little encouragement to sacrifice rear portals of entry when 2 members walk upon 4 legs and persist in flying sail-like ears in the breeze of yon topless Jeep. Alas, when said familial unit becomes one of 5, the smallest of which requires huge tracts of seat fabric upon which to perch in his throne of safe child transport the patriarch may become of mind to willingly lay down his love in sacrificial loving sacrifice of the trusty steed in favor of a less proven, but prudently more spacious mode of transport.

Having found myself in said mindset of sacrifice the philosophies of transport must be pondered deeply. The choices few, but the nuances many. The means of acquisition insufficient for the desires of the dreamer, but quite available should modesty be lived thusly. While in the stable can be found one JKU occupying the easternmost stall and there but one additional, westernmost stall into which can be found the JK which must soon be the subject of the previously discussed sacrificial love in an unfortunate need for, as also previously discussed, more portals of entry, the debate doth certainly not exist in regards to which form the new, yet unproven, mode of transport might be fashioned. A JKU does it almost go without need for saying.

Yet now, I seeketh wisdom unparalleled, from no small number of the aged and wise whom occupy the mythical and magical lands of Thrice W's Wayalife Dotcom. Is it to be found in the wise experience of said occupiers that life in the frigid, at times, Snowbelt, blisteringly hot at other equally significant times Midwest could be lived with 4 portals of half size, permitting much greater experience in the periods of heat, yet risking exposure to elements worthy of much fear during those much loved ages of frigidity and the quite not uncommon torrents of near feline-and-canine downpours?

Many portions of gratitude for all who may bestow upon my humble mind their great wisdom in the determination of half or full doors

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: That was a fun read but, I'm not entirely sure either. I think maybe he's asking whether or not he should ditch his 2-door JK for another 4-door. Did I get it right? :crazyeyes:

ichthus

Half doors or full doors.

Living in Indiana, I face Tornado Alley during the spring-fall seasons and snow or ice storms during the winter... None of that dry desert weather. Oddly enough, I prefer the soft top on my JK in snow and rain to the hard top on my wife's JKU. I'll man-up and deal with a few icy splatters in my face...but the half-doors I've experienced let through more than mere splatters.

I do have a front set of stock half-doors and a front set of the Rugged Ridge half doors (expensive week on Craigslist, but both were a great deal, so yeah). My plan was to sell the stock half doors (trying for profits that can fund some mods on the new Jeep) and fix up the RR doors for use on my Wife's gecko JKU during summer months. Am I going to regret going with half doors from the factory on a new Jeep? Should I delay the mods, keep the spare set of doors and stick to full doors when I order? Do the new half doors still have the same interior panel, or have they finally updated to match the new interior?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Methinks thine chain mail be too tight upon thine neither regions good sir! Get thee to a stable for adjustment by a fair maiden post haste.

StrizzyChris

Im sorry but this is hilarious! Such a thought out question, in the tongue of English nobility, and no advice given. We aint eloquent in these parts!

EasyE

Seek ye the nearest hillbilly and record the dialog for posterity...and go with half doors or just roll the windows down...

ichthus

Stuck in Atlanta for 4 days of training...boredom led to creative writing after watching a trailer for The Hobbit. Apologies to those who don't read

Roll the windows down? You've not driven a Jeep with half-doors have you? Aside from half-doors being the PERFECT height for an arm rest, half doors become NO doors just about anytime and anywhere you want, in seconds.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would not want half doors on a DD, if it was a second vehicle maybe. I hated mine in the winter and driving on the highway

Tranquillity

Half doors or full doors.

Living in Indiana, I face Tornado Alley during the spring-fall seasons and snow or ice storms during the winter... None of that dry desert weather. Oddly enough, I prefer the soft top on my JK in snow and rain to the hard top on my wife's JKU. I'll man-up and deal with a few icy splatters in my face...but the half-doors I've experienced let through more than mere splatters.

I do have a front set of stock half-doors and a front set of the Rugged Ridge half doors (expensive week on Craigslist, but both were a great deal, so yeah). My plan was to sell the stock half doors (trying for profits that can fund some mods on the new Jeep) and fix up the RR doors for use on my Wife's gecko JKU during summer months. Am I going to regret going with half doors from the factory on a new Jeep? Should I delay the mods, keep the spare set of doors and stick to full doors when I order? Do the new half doors still have the same interior panel, or have they finally updated to match the new interior?

Would you really make good profit out of them ? I'd stick with them and get a set of full doors with your new JKU.

ichthus

Depending on desperation of the buyer...I could pay for lift and fenders I'm looking at. I know doors don't sell for $4500 anymore, but there is still moderate value and I paid YJ half-door price for them :)

StrizzyChris

I would have to agree with you that half doors are the best thing since sliced bread for arm rest and just shy of doorless. BUT, that being said, they suck at all other times! Had them on my YJ and will NEVER do that again!

Top Bottom