2015 SEMA Smittybilt Overlander JK Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, for those of you who don't know, 4WheelParts is owned by a company called Transamerica. This company owns ProComp, Smittybilt, G2, Rubicon Express and now even Poison Spyder. One of the things they've been doing recently is break down each of these companies into specific target markets and that would include wheels and tires for ProComp, axles for G2, lift kits for Rubicon Express, bumpers and armor for Poison Spyder and for Smittybilt, their target audience is "overlanders". And, for SEMA 2015, this is the "Overlander JK" that they built up and brought out to the show.

main.php

main.php

The front bumper tray is perfect for blocking cool air from flowing freely into your radiator.
main.php

Of course, every good overland needs limb risers and an exo-cage.
main.php

main.php

I almost thought these were Mastercraft Baja RS seats.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Got departure angle - er, I mean, got gas? Smittybilt Vertex System - frame mounted load carrying system.
main.php

main.php

Just saw this today and thought I should add it to the thread. Smittybilt also released a new heavy duty replacement tailgate. Check it out.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I feel the rear thing is a good idea at times for someone who needs an extra spot to carry a good load, but damn those fenders just confuse the shit out of me with those lines.

CandAMudders

Would be good for Overlanding up here in Canada in the Prairies as it is nothing but flat land for a thousand kilometres.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
WTF? Pretty much the opposite of everything I'd do for an expedition type vehicle. No need for all the scaffolding and what's with that front bumper? Completely impractical.

rob_p

I feel the rear thing is a good idea at times for someone who needs an extra spot to carry a good load, but damn those fenders just confuse the shit out of me with those lines.

Yep those lines - kinda make me sea sick, plus seems like a lot of steel to bolt on and carry around!

JakeJK

The thing that upset me the most is the fact that transamerica now owns poison spyder like wtfffff

JokerJKU

Only thing I could see that front "bumper?" being useful for is hunting. Install two chairs and it would work wonderfully on a safari. Other than that, no, just no.

gt88norm

Does the jungle gym have to go all the way to the A pillars, or can it stop at the B or C pillars?

Norm

Last edited:

Grubbicon

Not gonna lie. Im glad my Poison Spyder parts were from before they were bought. I just hope Larry doesnt let the quality go down hill.

Top Bottom