VIDEO - 2015 SEMA Show Highlights : Smittybilt Recon Overlander Trailer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so this isn't a Jeep or even a vehicle per se but, it is something that people who enjoy camping might be interested in. For the 2015 SEMA Show, Smittybilt brought out what they are calling the Recon Overlander Trailer and with a price tag of about $5000 which will include the trailer, 31" ProComp AT tires, wheels and roof top tent, it'll for sure give some of the bigger overland trailer companies a run for their money. Check out the video to see and hear all the details.

Here are some photos of the Overlander Trailer
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Now that's pretty interesting. Looks like they actually put some thought into this. I'd be interested if the price was right. I just sold my trailer and already regretting it. [emoji22]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that, the price is $4900 and that includes the tent, wheels and tires. Hell of a good deal.

JakeJK

That's freaking awesome for 4900, I'd definitely be into that for a quarter of the price of the higher dollar ones

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nice can't wait to see the video. Price tag is nice but I too am skeptical about a Smittybuilt anything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, this was the 2nd prototype that was made and the quality of it was actually pretty nice. That being said, I don't know who will ultimately be doing the manufacturing. If they all turn out to be made here in the USA and at this quality, I might buy one.

Marauder

2015 SEMA Smittybilt Recon Overlander Trailer

I agree with you. If its stout and not the usual cheezy, I am in.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I found a few photos of this trailer on another website. Not near as good as Wayalife photos but it shows the rear location open.

SmittyRecon4_zpsjv2kbf3p.jpg SmittyRecon2_zpsu18js0v7.jpg

ljvsnyder

really nice setup. Seen sturdier built units, but man the price with everything but the generator is really competitive.

r2fasani

So, this was the 2nd prototype that was made and the quality of it was actually pretty nice. That being said, I don't know who will ultimately be doing the manufacturing. If they all turn out to be made here in the USA and at this quality, I might buy one.

[emoji115]🏻this. So wary of Smittybilt name, but glad to hear it looks well-made.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I just updated this post with a video highlighting this pretty cool trailer. Check it out.

TheFett

GUYS THANKS for the updates on this trailer and as to be expected doing a GREAT job on the coverage out there!! :thumb:
Gotta say, its peeked my interested, but like others have said, just questioning the SmittyBilt name on this thing for the overall quality! :question:

Top Bottom