Axle Upgrade

94YJBeaver

Ok....So I have a 94 YJ and I am wanting to upgrade my axles...I am wanting at least a D44 up front and either a D60 or 14 bolt...Not that I have that out of the way...The question that I have is...What years of Chevy, Dodge, or Ford axles will work?? My plan is to find a set or one at a time from a wrecking yard or Craigslist and slowly work on them...

Thanks David...

2JeepsThatRun

You can go 8.8 out of a 2001- 05 I believe and it is barly narrower than stock by a little less than an inch. Moose makes an adapter kit to bring them to stock. The advantages are awesome with these axles they are considered stronger than a D44, the ring gear is huge, and the aftermarket is close to or the same as a D44. The only down side is c-clips but those can be eliminated with a super 88 kit just like a D35c can.

tdkask

Old thread, but I recommend looking into the late 70's F150 or Bronco axles. You can get high pinion D44 front and 9" rear pretty cheap often. Make SURE your D44 has full tube front, and the radius arm mounts used in the Ford truck is removable... some years didn't. You won't find a stronger D44 stock. I'm not sure, but you may have to "outboard" the front springs to bolt to full width axles.

Top Bottom