2015 SEMA Rubicon Express Poison Spyder Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I had mentioned in the Smittybilt Overlander JK Jeep thread, Transamerica (4WheelParts) is taking the various brands that they own and focusing their attention on specific target audiences. In the case of Rubicon Express and Poison Spyder, their geared up more for the hard core guys and are primarily responsible for suspension systems and components as well as bumpers and armor. Here's a few shots of the Jeep JK Wrangler they had on display at the 2015 SEMA Show as well as a few new Rubicon Express parts that I think some of you might be interested in.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Really beefy steering components
main.php

Don't know if you can see it or not but the front track bar is rotated forward to give the diff more clearance.
main.php

main.php

4-link long arms
main.php

main.php

main.php

Rubicon Express shocks and coil overs
main.php

Rubicon Express high steer kit complete with knuckles
main.php

Rubicon Express heavy duty track bar and massive tie-rod
main.php

This is actually a new ProComp bead lock wheel
main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ask why 4 link and not radius arms with coil overs ?

:cheesy: Ever since Rubicon Express went out of business and got picked up by Transamerica, the guys they have at the show are more careful about what they say to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a pretty nice looking rig. I think those ProComp beadlocks look good too!

The bead locks are actually really nice. Amazingly, I'm being told they are actually made in America but will be priced in the same ballpark as a set of good Chinese wheels like Walker or even ATX.

Alon

First of all, thank you for all of the SEMA coverage, I have not seen any SEMA coverage that has gone as in depth as Wayalife has. This is actually my Jeep and is a fresh build for this show. I fully intend to put this Jeep through its paces and get it nice and dirty to test the parts and most of all enjoy being out in the dirt. I come from a desert off road background, not so much the slower trails/rocks so I am excited to get it dialed in for my desert expeditions along with getting onto the rocks.

is it just me or do those arms look like they are touching the tire?

The tires are in fact touching the arms, the incorrect offset wheels were installed somewhere along the line of the build and this was only realized once the Jeep was in Vegas. Simple issue and this will be corrected as soon as it comes back.

First of all, thank you for all of the SEMA coverage, I have not seen any SEMA coverage that has gone as in depth as Wayalife has. This is actually my Jeep and is a fresh build for this show. I fully intend to put this Jeep through its paces and get it nice and dirty to test the parts and most of all enjoy being out in the dirt. I come from a desert off road background, not so much the slower trails/rocks so I am excited to get it dialed in for my desert expeditions along with getting onto the rocks.

The tires are in fact touching the arms, the incorrect offset wheels were installed somewhere along the line of the build and this was only realized once the Jeep was in Vegas. Simple issue and this will be corrected as soon as it comes back.

So when you ask Eddie if there was more on this build it was because you wanted more exposure of "your" jeep? Not because you wanted to know more about the lift. Welcome to Wayalife!!

Alon

So when you ask Eddie if there was more on this build it was because you wanted more exposure of "your" jeep? Not because you wanted to know more about the lift. Welcome to Wayalife!!

Thank you for the welcome! :rolleyes2:

I asked for more pictures because I hadn't seen the Jeep in person since the work was done, only seen some cell phone pics from a distance. I also wanted his honest opinion about it like he gave on all other the other SEMA Jeeps. My Jeep got no more exposure than any other thread Eddie had posted, and I can guarantee that that was not my intent.

WJCO

Meme King
Thank you for the welcome! :rolleyes2:

I asked for more pictures because I hadn't seen the Jeep in person since the work was done, only seen some cell phone pics from a distance. I also wanted his honest opinion about it like he gave on all other the other SEMA Jeeps. My Jeep got no more exposure than any other thread Eddie had posted, and I can guarantee that that was not my intent.

Your original post did appear to be a bait and switch based on later stating it was your Jeep...just sayin.

Great coverage so far, can't believe how you guys are walking the show, taking all of the pics and posting as much as you are.

Any more of the Poison Spyder / Rubicon Express Jeep? Was hoping to see a thread about this one with as much detail as the others!

Sithwindu

I see no harm in what Alon did. Beautiful Jeep Alon. Welcome to Wayalife!

Nor do I, welcome to wayalife buddy! I'd swing by the give us a wave section and officially introduce yourself if you haven't already!

Awesome looking jeep too brotha! Hope it makes its way to you soon!

Alon

I see no harm in what Alon did. Beautiful Jeep Alon. Welcome to Wayalife!

Nor do I, welcome to wayalife buddy! I'd swing by the give us a wave section and officially introduce yourself if you haven't already!

Awesome looking jeep too brotha! Hope it makes its way to you soon!

Thank you guys! I can't wait to get it back, will definitely post up in the introduction area.

Redjeep1

GREAT LOOKING JEEP! Who did the build for you?

Your jeep looks awesome, was wondering who did the build?

Last edited:
Top Bottom