VIDEO - 2015 SEMA Show Highlights : Bestop Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Sunrider for Hardtop

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay of the 3 Jeep JK Wranglers that Bestop brought out to the 2015 SEMA Show, this yellow one was without question that everyone wanted to see. And, that's because it had their all new "Sunrider for Hardtop" that will be available early next year. Essentially, the Sunrider for Hardtop is quite literally a soft top that you install in place of your factory Jeep JK Wrangler hard top Freedom Top panels and this allows you to open and close the front portion of your roof simply by unlatching the windshield header and flipping the top back. Here is a short video of how it works as well as some photos of the Jeep it was installed on. :cool:

Some overall shots of the Jeep JK Wrangler
main.php

main.php

main.php

What the Sunrider for Hardtop looks like when closed
main.php

The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop being opened
main.php

What it looks like opened and from the back
main.php

View from the inside with the top closed
main.php

And with it opened
main.php

Also, here are a couple of shots of their new Powerboard powered steps in the up position
main.php

And what they look like with your doors open
main.php

Last but not least, their new seat covers look really nice
main.php

Different colors the seat covers will be available in
main.php

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Man that is softtop freedom panel option awesome! I really want one. :yup:

Hohertz

Agree! Really like that Sunrider for Hardtop. Thanks for posting all the pictures and video Eddie!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Ran into this yellow Jeep last week when we both stopped at a rest stop on I-70 just west of Glenwood Springs, CO. He was headed to SEMA and we were going to Grand Junction. We spoke for 10 mins about the top which I really like and the lift under the JK. We'd been running in and out of snow and slop for 110mi. The Jeep cleaned up nicely for the show.:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like it, wonder how much air it'll catch at speed though.

I haven't ridden in the Jeep to know for sure but the setup looks at least as solid as a normal soft top. In the closed position, it seemed nice and tight.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
2015 SEMA Bestop Yellow Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited w/NEW Sunrider for Hardtop...

Are the seat covers tight fitting? Could be just the lighting but, looks a bit loose.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was just going to ask what they were like, and that sums it up enough, deff will check them out for hopefully a easier price than the trek armor. That top deff looks like an awesome idea and solution for hard top guys.

greggnj

I like the idea of that top. It would be nice to have this time of year. The freedom panels take up to much space in the JK

Wardell

This hard top sunrider is a really cool idea. I think it would be great for anyone who doesn't have a soft top and keeps their hard top on year round.

As much as I like it though, I don't think I'd use this very much if I had one since I already have a soft top to switch to in the summer. To be honest, I didn't really use my soft top's sunrider feature very often last summer either. I prefer putting the top all the way down. And while I had the hard top on, I really only took the freedom panels off during that couple weeks of transition when I couldn't count on it staying warm enough to switch to the soft top yet. For people who live where the temperature is milder, it would probably be a lot more useful.

Top Bottom