Deka Batteries, Anyone Used Them?

jesse3638

Hooked
Just looking for some information on Deka batteries. I'm pretty sure my battery is on its way out and was looking to replace it with an Odyssey. I called my local Battery Mart and while they carry Odyssey they didn't have the size for my Jeep. As an alternative the recommended the Deka Intimidator. It is also an AGM battery similar to the Odyssey. If anyone has any information or personal experience with this brand it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think a few friends used to buy their blemish batteries, but they are a local huge company to us and have a retail store for just that purpose. Funny part is they are 10 min away from me, but yet I have never seen any of their batteries for sale around here in stores.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Why not wait for or find the right Odyssey? If that company is on the way out you don't want to be stuck with a $300 boat anchor.

jesse3638

Hooked
Why not wait for or find the right Odyssey? If that company is on the way out you don't want to be stuck with a $300 boat anchor.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but if they are reputable, an equal to what I'm looking for, and a bit cheaper I'd give them a shot. So far I haven't heard much about them good or bad and I'd hate to get stranded because I went with a cheap alternative. So unless I can find more about them I'll go with something tried and true.

BigPrince

Most batteries are either made and rebranded by East Penn - Deka or Enersys. Deka is not on its way out by any means. Most of their batteries are sold under other brands. I had two Deka Intimidators in a classic Bronco for years and they were great batteries. When I go dual batteries in the JK I'll have either Deka Intimidators or Odysseys.

01dudley

Most batteries are either made and rebranded by East Penn - Deka or Enersys. Deka is not on its way out by any means. Most of their batteries are sold under other brands. I had two Deka Intimidators in a classic Bronco for years and they were great batteries. When I go dual batteries in the JK I'll have either Deka Intimidators or Odysseys.

You should take a look at the new TurboStart AGM 12V series. I saw it on their FB/Instragram page yesterday. They are a trusted name in the 16V racing scene

Top Bottom