2015 SEMA Amanda IFS/IRS Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I don't know for sure if Amanda actually makes the IFS/IRS Jeep JK Wrangler they had on display at the 2015 SEMA Show but I do have to say that I was very impressed with the potential of what I saw on it. Talking to the guy responsible for the design of it, I found that it actually has a floating differential up front of which is tied to the driver side a-arm and this allows it to have an impressive 16" of travel up front and 14" in the rear. As you see it in these pics, it was running 38" tires and they still needed to do some trimming to clear them at a full stuff. I'm sure it would have been a leap for Jeep to do something as innovative as this but I for one would have been all over it.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Check out how clean 16" of full droop looks like
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

WJCO

Meme King
So, I don't know for sure if Amanda actually makes the IFS/IRS Jeep JK Wrangler they had on display at the 2015 SEMA Show but I do have to say that I was very impressed with the potential of what I saw on it. Talking to the guy responsible for the design of it, I found that it actually has a floating differential up front of which is tied to the driver side a-arm and this allows it to have an impressive 16" of travel up front and 14" in the rear. As you see it in these pics, it was running 38" tires and they still needed to do some trimming to clear them at a full stuff. I'm sure it would have been a leap for Jeep to do something as innovative as this but I for one would have been all over it.

That's pretty sweet. Hope it works out on the trail.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Wow, I didn't catch initially that is was IFS and IRS. That's actually a very cool setup. Very interested in seeing where this goes!

JAGS

Hooked
That's pretty sweet looking. Like the front skid as seems to protect clear to front diff. IFS/IRS with some 37s would have been sweet on the 2018!! Though not sure I could afford the upgrades. Lol.

Torqt JK

Now this rig looks like it can crawl. Bad ass! But why the hell do so many of these jeeps have the unibrow? So ugly, who the fuk likes that look

pop2tu

If you want IFS/IRS and seven slot grill go buy a H1, and leave solid axles under wranglers!

JAGS

Hooked
If you want IFS/IRS and seven slot grill go buy a H1, and leave solid axles under wranglers!

Why do you say this? IFS/IRS could be great on a wrangler too. Hell, I'd like the benefits stock as a DD, taking aside any trail use.

pop2tu

Why do you say this? IFS/IRS could be great on a wrangler too. Hell, I'd like the benefits stock as a DD, taking aside any trail use.

There are so many SUV's with IFS/IRS to chose from, how many SUV's have solid axles? You chose to drive what vehicle for your offroad excursions? And why? Because it works, and that's the way jeep has been since 1941. The grand Cherokee also has IFS/IRS, they make good DD. If Jeep makes the wrangler IFS/IRS it will blend right in at the mall. just my thoughts.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If Jeep makes the wrangler IFS/IRS it will blend right in at the mall. just my thoughts.

Or at KOH. The only legitimate argument against IFS is the cost and difficulty of upgrading. The belief that they don't perform well enough in mixed conditions, including crawling rocks, is tired.

JKCRWLR

Innovative for sure. I would roll in that for sure.
And just because something has been done since 1941 doesn't mean it is the best or only way.

JAGS

Hooked
There are so many SUV's with IFS/IRS to chose from, how many SUV's have solid axles? You chose to drive what vehicle for your offroad excursions? And why? Because it works, and that's the way jeep has been since 1941. The grand Cherokee also has IFS/IRS, they make good DD. If Jeep makes the wrangler IFS/IRS it will blend right in at the mall. just my thoughts.

Or at KOH. The only legitimate argument against IFS is the cost and difficulty of upgrading. The belief that they don't perform well enough in mixed conditions, including crawling rocks, is tired.

What sharkey said! Shit, a majority of the KOH/Race rigs have IFS/IRS. Cost is the main limiting factor by far. But I'd get one and save up to mod it out.

And, I spend most of my time in the jeep traveling to/from work or to/from the trail and would love an IfS/IRS set up for that.

Mrs jags' cadi and now her new MKX drives far better than my stock JK did hands down!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What sharkey said! Shit, a majority of the KOH/Race rigs have IFS/IRS. Cost is the main limiting factor by far. But I'd get one and save up to mod it out.

And, I spend most of my time in the jeep traveling to/from work or to/from the trail and would love an IfS/IRS set up for that.

Mrs jags' cadi and now her new MKX drives far better than my stock JK did hands down!

Majority? Not hardly. Minority yes.

pop2tu

Look around at all the IFS Chevy's and Toyotas and any other IFS 4WD that have been converted to solid axles, why? Less moving parts, less parts to break easier to set steering geometry up. I will agree that IFS will ride nice but those Vehicles at KOH are not your DD grocery getters or even production vehicles, those are full up custom built machines, more buggies than jeep.

JakeJK

Innovative for sure. I would roll in that for sure.
And just because something has been done since 1941 doesn't mean it is the best or only way.

Yeah, but by moving to an IFS/IRS suspension system it will limit many people who are on tighter budgets to mod vehicles enough to be as capable as a straight axle vehicle that they can actually afford. I think that it should be an option, I know making a jeep with straight axles and a jeep with IFS/IRS may be unpractical it would in fact be an awesome option, leaving the guys who like to heavily modify their jeeps with very large budgetsn(Eddie) haha make an awesome rig for me to enjoy via the intrawebs, but still allow for the moderate jeeper to have a very capable rig at a more reasonable price (such as an rubi with a basic coil and decent shock kit)
Just my two cents

Top Bottom