PR44 With Spindles & Locking Hubs vs. Unit Bearings

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Has anyone had Dynatrac build them a PR44 using the Reid knuckles that allow you to run spindles and hubs rather than re-using stock knuckles and unit bearings? Obviously if I was in the market right now, I'd just give Dynatrac a call to price it out, but I wanted to see if anyone had thought or gone down this route before.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone had Dynatrac build them a PR44 using the Reid knuckles that allow you to run spindles and hubs rather than re-using stock knuckles and unit bearings? Obviously if I was in the market right now, I'd just give Dynatrac a call to price it out, but I wanted to see if anyone had thought or gone down this route before.

You can still call them and price it. Hell I did with my pr44 almost a year before I pulled the trigger. They kept my name and order in their backend for when I was ready.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
You can still call them and price it. Hell I did with my pr44 almost a year before I pulled the trigger. They kept my name and order in their backend for when I was ready.

I might do that just to report back unless anyone else chimes in. I read a magazine where they did a spindle conversion on a regular D44 and it looked like a pain in the ass. If I was going to do it, I'd prefer for Dynatrac to build it that way and will all new components.

Another thought I had too was the wheel speed sensors and ABS sensors. Losing the unit bearing would cause me to lose those so could I use the ones in the rear as a substitute?

Top Bottom