VIDEO : 2015 SEMA Show Highlights - ProComp Vapor Pro II Bead Lock Wheel

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Vapor Pro II is an aluminum bead lock wheel that ProComp has been making and using for professional racing for a couple of years now and they are now making it available to the general public. What really needs to be noted about this bead lock is that I am told it is made 100% in the U.S.A., it is backed by a full warranty and amazingly, I am told it will be offered at about the same price as most of the popular bead lock wheels made today such as Walker Evans and ATX.

Here are some additional shots of what the wheels look like in both black and machined finishes.
main.php

main.php

main.php

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I like the looks of them. Are the bolt heads recessed and protected by the ring?

JAGS

Hooked
I like the looks of them. Are the bolt heads recessed and protected by the ring?

Was wondering the same thing. In the black ring pic, they look exposed, but protected in second pic with silver rings???

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It looks like the bolt heads are exposed which would be a real bitch once they get ground down by some rocks. Otherwise it's a nice looking wheel

boardsurfer

They do look nice. I think it was Eddie (among many, Im sure) that pointed out once that the Slabs have recessed bolts on the rings (having never owned beadlocks I had never really considered what makes one better than the other). And since then all I can think is why wouldnt they be?! I mean, it's designed to drag through rocks right? It just seems like it would be Feature #1 when designing wheels like this. Am I overestimating how important this feature is? Someone educate me. :thinking:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I really like the looks of this wheel. If it is in fact made in the US and comes in at a comparable price range to Slabs and WE wheels, I may be looking at my next wheel. I like darker wheels on my rig, but damn those machined ones look good!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They do look nice. I think it was Eddie (among many, Im sure) that pointed out once that the Slabs have recessed bolts on the rings (having never owned beadlocks I had never really considered what makes one better than the other). And since then all I can think is why wouldnt they be?! I mean, it's designed to drag through rocks right? It just seems like it would be Feature #1 when designing wheels like this. Am I overestimating how important this feature is? Someone educate me. :thinking:

Having the recessed bolts is super important IMO. Hell just look at my rings and you can see that if I had bolt heads sticking out they wouldn't be there anymore

Wardell

Hmmm. The bolts do look slightly recessed in the rings, but it doesn't look like it's enough to completely cover the bolt heads. It's a shame they didn't design the rings to have the bolts fully protected from rocks, considering they designed it with compression washers to keep the bolts from loosening.

The other thing I wonder about, do the rings sit metal on metal like ATX beadlocks do? That gives them a big strength advantage over other brands.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'd be curious about weight. These would have to weigh less than ATX and W.E. if they're fully aluminum.

JeepDrum

It is a good looking wheel in my opinion. Is it that common of a problem for the bolts to back out if they're properly torqued? I imagine maybe it would be more likely on a KOH or short-course rig maybe, but I've never heard of that. Then again, I don't think I've ever seen a beadlock wheel in real life .

Top Bottom