Jeepers beware

tobias lopez

So just wanna remind you fellow jeepers to take care of ur jeeps. As sad as it is there is thieves. I had my two light bars stolen, while I was having dinner with my fam on Friday night. If u have light bars there is security screw you can install. Even thou it doesn't stop them it can make them think twice. I live in socal and from what I hear it's been happiness a lot more than usual lately. Have a great weekend.

thardy

Banned
So just wanna remind you fellow jeepers to take care of ur jeeps. As sad as it is there is thieves. I had my two light bars stolen, while I was having dinner with my fam on Friday night. If u have light bars there is security screw you can install. Even thou it doesn't stop them it can make them think twice. I live in socal and from what I hear it's been happiness a lot more than usual lately. Have a great weekend.

Thieves suck! Sorry to hear that man. Thanks for the reminder and hopefully insurance will take care of you on the light bars.

tobias lopez

Thieves suck! Sorry to hear that man. Thanks for the reminder and hopefully insurance will take care of you on the light bars.

Ya they do. But it is what it is. I'm just glad that's all they took. I'm just waiting for the police report and hopefully they do.

JK LYF

AB 109 and Prop 47. Thank you to all the Californians that really f@@@ed that up! Sorry to hear that man.

Edit: Is it just me, or are others noticing a huge increase in transients roaming the streets?

tobias lopez

AB 109 and Prop 47. Thank you to all the Californians that really f@@@ed that up! Sorry to hear that man.

Edit: Is it just me, or are others noticing a huge increase in transients roaming the streets?

Haha. I don't vote so I dunno if I helped the cause or not lol. I think I'm nieave and think people will do the right thing and not mess with other people's stuff.

TLC Offroad

Sorry to hear about the loss, I was just thinking about that with Winches as I'm looking at buying one. Do you know if the is a good locking system for them?

Damn I hate people like that.

jeeeep

Hooked
That does suck, I've had my jeep broken into and they damaged more to get what they wanted.
unfortunately as the jeep gets more popular the thieves will target us more. I'm using various security screws where i can.
I'd like to electrify certain areas of my jeep but I'd probably get sued by the thief and lose for trying to protect what i work for.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear about the loss, I was just thinking about that with Winches as I'm looking at buying one. Do you know if the is a good locking system for them?

Damn I hate people like that.

Factor 55 makes a bolt that requires a key socket deal. Don't know how good it works or anything. Just seen in on the www and in magazines.

rogerk93

Factor 55 makes a bolt that requires a key socket deal. Don't know how good it works or anything. Just seen in on the www and in magazines.

I put one of those on my winch after someone tried to steal mine but some how failed to do so. It is very well designed no way they can take it off using vice grips.

WJCO

Meme King
That does suck, I've had my jeep broken into and they damaged more to get what they wanted.
unfortunately as the jeep gets more popular the thieves will target us more. I'm using various security screws where i can.
I'd like to electrify certain areas of my jeep but I'd probably get sued by the thief and lose for trying to protect what i work for.

I welded a freeze plug around one of my bolts (you're not suppose to weld galvanized steel but I did anyway). I'll have to grind it off if I ever pull it, but no big deal. All the security measures I've seen are weld-on.

toxicwaste29

It's an old navy trick. Take a plastic pipe section the size of the bolt head. Cut it to the right height then you fill it with epoxy and there you go. Can't ever be taken unless they sit there and try melting off the epoxy

Benito

Caught the Bug
It's an old navy trick. Take a plastic pipe section the size of the bolt head. Cut it to the right height then you fill it with epoxy and there you go. Can't ever be taken unless they sit there and try melting off the epoxy

illustration photo for the benefit of the community?

toxicwaste29

Its a terrible picture. Couldn't find one online. So you take the bolt or nut or whatever, take a small plastic pipe with an id that matches the od of the bolt/nut. Stick the plastic pipe (after having trimmed it to the correct height) over the bolt/nut. Now just fill it with epoxy. The plastic pipe is almost like a mold and the bolt is sitting inside the mold. When you fill the pipe with epoxy it makes the hex bolt now into a perfectly rounded head that cant be removed. The end result is somewhat shown in the second picture (the three chrome looking bolts in the center). Its hard to explain typing it out. If you need me to still I could do up a cad drawing that will show it better.

index.jpg

DSC00534.JPG

Last edited:

Pyro1415

I think I'll just put a tac or two on each bolt. Alaska is supposed to be really bad with theft. Plus it's a simple grind and I can remove it.

TLC Offroad

I put one of those on my winch after someone tried to steal mine but some how failed to do so. It is very well designed no way they can take it off using vice grips.

Yea I had a friend lose his winch a few years ago and I'm looking at bumpers and a winch right now. Glad to know it works and I looked it up and it is only 26 bucks, great deal to save your stuff from a Dirt Bag.

Top Bottom