New Battery Suggestions

Torqt JK

After a few struggling starts and tonight completely dead, I fear I am in need of a new battery for my 2012 JKUR. I have read Eddie's write-up on the DieHard P-5 (in 2012) but I can't seem to find it online at Sears within 50 miles of my location. What would you guys suggest that I look for?

Torqt JK

Yea I heard optimas aren't worth the money. I think Die Hard's only sold at sears :thinking:, What is a solid battery for JK with winch, LED headlights, CB...?

jesse3638

Hooked
Im in the same boat. I've had a few sluggish starts and feel I'm in need of a replacement. A local battery mart offered up a Deka Intimidator. It's an AGM type similar to Odyssey. I had never heard of them and actually started a thread looking for info on them. I found some good reviews on them and may give them a shot. If I do I'll let you know how they work out.

sapco76

Batteries plus carries the Odyssey and they also carry a northstar agm battery under their own label which is x2. I just purchased the x2 so we'll see how it does.

Torqt JK

Batteries plus carries the Odyssey and they also carry a northstar agm battery under their own label which is x2. I just purchased the x2 so we'll see how it does.

Just looking at that. Looks like a nice option. Im gonna give them a call tomorrow.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is a good thread! I'm in need of a new battery before winter fully hits since I'm still on the stock battery since I rolled off the lot over 4 years ago

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had a yellow top for a few days and returned it due to being made in mexico.....then switched to a sears diehard advance gold agm which is fine for me with the warranty they offer. Would have loved an odyssey or something similar but needed it right away.

sapco76

My 4 year old stock battery just took crap. It worked fine and didn't give me any warning until it died.

JK LYF

I had to replace my battery a few months back. Did some research, got input from forum members and ended up with the Odyssey. The Sears die hard platinum, I learned, isn't made anymore.

Torqt JK

I had to replace my battery a few months back. Did some research, got input from forum members and ended up with the Odyssey. The Sears die hard platinum, I learned, isn't made anymore.

Yea just learned that as well. Seems like odyssey has best reputation but damn there pricy.

JK LYF

Yea just learned that as well. Seems like odyssey has best reputation but damn there pricy.

I think I paid around $275. If my memory is correct, they weren't much more than the platinum, when they were still available.

Top Bottom