ATX Chamber Pro II

SFNick

I found a hell of a deal on some ATX Chamber pros 165$ a wheel but the only catch is they are 6.5x5.5. Is there anyone running this bolt pattern with an adapter? Or is that a bad ideal?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The only reason I would say it's a bad idea is because you need a 1.5" adaptor and then that just pushed everything farther out putting more stress on unit bearings and ball joints.

RockyJk

The only reason I would say it's a bad idea is because you need a 1.5" adaptor and then that just pushed everything farther out putting more stress on unit bearings and ball joints.

It'd look pretty badass tho lol I think that would be pretty close to full width axle wide

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It'd look pretty badass tho lol I think that would be pretty close to full width axle wide

Oh yea it would be sick but you would be replicating the issue Eddie has with rubicat since he runs spacers up front to match the width and bolt pattern of the rear 60. I remember him saying he goes thru unit bearings ever 10kish because of it

SFNick

That's what I was thinking in the long run I would spend more money on unit bearings than I would save. It would look basses though!

SFNick

I went ahead and put a order in & we will see if they cancel them. It has to be a missed price deal. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447180327.121821.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good luck either way. I know I found a steal on oem steering knuckles for $44 each and ordered one right away on there.

SFNick

Good luck either way. I know I found a steal on oem steering knuckles for $44 each and ordered one right away on there.

Nooice! I'm hoping they send them out and its not some cheap chinese knock off. Either way Amazon is usually pretty good about returns.

SFNick

Half of the wheels came in today. I'm waiting on 2 more wheels and the wheel adapters to come in. I don't know how they are selling them for that price. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447553816.906945.jpg

SFNick

I got no clue either but for that price id most likely get them as well. Hell you could probably flip them and make money if you really wanted.

I thought about doing that but I really like the look and the weight of the chamber pros over my current Raceline Rock 8s. I ordered a set of adapters from Motorsport Tech that are hubcentric to my hub and the wheel but they are 2" spacers.

SFNick

So, I just noticed that 4 out of the 5 rims didn't come with inserts & bolts to install the Beadlock ring. I messaged the seller to see if I could get them but no response yet. Does anyone know know where you can get the inserts and bolts? I did a quick search online but couldn't find anything.

Benito

Caught the Bug
So, I just noticed that 4 out of the 5 rims didn't come with inserts & bolts to install the Beadlock ring. I messaged the seller to see if I could get them but no response yet. Does anyone know know where you can get the inserts and bolts? I did a quick search online but couldn't find anything.

I can only assume that the inserts are the same as the slabs, these are the ones you need: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448070375.640238.jpg

I found them at my local fastenal, 4 for $13. Not cheap.

As far as the bolts, I have a whole bunch of the black ones that came originally with the wheels, I can ship on your dime, it won't be all of them but you could probably mount 4 wheels with them. they started to rust so northridge sent me replacement silver bolts.

SFNick

I can only assume that the inserts are the same as the slabs, these are the ones you need:

I found them at my local fastenal, 4 for $13. Not cheap.

As far as the bolts, I have a whole bunch of the black ones that came originally with the wheels, I can ship on your dime, it won't be all of them but you could probably mount 4 wheels with them. they started to rust so northridge sent me replacement silver bolts.

Dang! 4 for 13$ that's gonna add up quickly. Let's me see if the seller gets back to me, I might take you up on that offer if he doesn't. Thanks!

TeamFaust

Love these wheels, considering for myself. Did you get them all figured out? What was the backspacing on the actual wheels and how did it work out with the spacers?

SFNick

Love these wheels, considering for myself. Did you get them all figured out? What was the backspacing on the actual wheels and how did it work out with the spacers?

Finally had time and mounted them up today. The back spacing is 4", the spacers are 2". So far I like them!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449815246.016200.jpg

utiadam

LOSER
You can get bolts and inserts from Spyderlock for $1 each. They also have an insert install tool for around $12 i think. I bought a few from them.

Ddays

Hooked
Finally had time and mounted them up today. The back spacing is 4", the spacers are 2". So far I like them!

View attachment 177293

Damn, man- these wheels haunt me. Everytime I see these unpainted and mounted up I'm like :shock:
I was going to wait til Spring to get a set but I don't know if I can wait that long...I've been accused of being impatient....

Those look awesome. Glad you got them to work out and got such a good deal!

SFNick

You can get bolts and inserts from Spyderlock for $1 each. They also have an insert install tool for around $12 i think. I bought a few from them.

Wheel Pros requested that I send them back. They mailed a replacement set directly from them.

Top Bottom