Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LoJack/GPS tracking devices

Nothing but a Thing NecessaryEvil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I think I'm going to call my auto insurance agent as well as the state & local police to see what they think. Would hope the police would be able to advise on what they have found works best over the years?
    Unfortunately local law enforcement has no capability of monitoring private citizens GPS. Even big companies like on-star. It is up to the security companies and private citizens to notify and update local law enforcement of the vehicles location. Basically u would give a continuous update to the dispatcher where your vehicle gps is pinging, then they would relay the information to the patrol officers. Unless u give the police agency access to your account during the event of your vehicle being stolen. Bigger companies like on-star would just notify the law enforcement agencies their self after the vehicle has been stolen. As far as after market gps trackers go, find one that updates the location more frequently or updates in real time.

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspenkid View Post
    HMMMM. do they make this to put on the wife?

mopar has one as well. i dont know how well it works. but looks to also be a subscription.

http://www.mopar.com/shop/evts/

-
    Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    HMMMM. do they make this to put on the wife?

mopar has one as well. i dont know how well it works. but looks to also be a subscription.

http://www.mopar.com/shop/evts/
    Mopar "on Star"!

I run GPS tracking in My trucks right now so I know where My guys are and where they are suppose to Be. I can zoom in on where is it parked and a ton of other things. it is the best thing I have ever installed on the trucks. It can be hard wired or plug in to the ORB.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC Offroad View Post
    I run GPS tracking in My trucks right now so I know where My guys are and where they are suppose to Be. I can zoom in on where is it parked and a ton of other things. it is the best thing I have ever installed on the trucks. It can be hard wired or plug in to the ORB.
    What brand? What system?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    What brand? What system?
    Ditto this.

Also the Spot tracker looks like a pretty good deal. $100/year for the subscription service and rebate on the device.
    They also have the Spot3 device that is capable of sending SOS messages. You could stash it in your vehicle
    & use as an anti-theft device and also take it out for skiing/hiking/boating trips.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

There are a ton of Fleet Tracking companies out there. Mine updates every 2 mins. Virtual Fleet Supervisor is what I use it is about $20 a month for the first truck then I think it drops a buck or two after that per truck. It monitors everything. I use it for their time cards too it shows me when they start up and when they shut down. Great System it has a ton of features to it and I can track them from My IPhone too with the app they have.

Been Around the Block
    I used to work at a Chevy dealership, when on star first came out, we had two Tahoe taken off the lot in between inventories, so gone at least a month. I suggested using on star to locate them and they were recovered within an hour. I believe you can get a version of on star for any vehicle installed now. But it worked.

I like my Viper Smart Start. At least I can follow it real time while it gets stolen or until they locate the GPS unit and disconnect it.
    The smart fence works great. All alerts comes to my cell phone within a minute. And you can track it anywhere you have internet on your phone.
    20151112_163550000_iOS.png20151112_163612000_iOS.png

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast