Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LoJack/GPS tracking devices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LoJack/GPS tracking devices

In light of yesterdays theft of the EVO vehicles and trailer I have started looking at some of the anti-theft/tracking devices on the market. With how much time & money we have invested in our rigs, I for one would like to make it difficult as hell for some good-for-nothing SOB to drive off in my Jeep never to be seen again. Lo-Jack isn't available in my area. Anyone use any of these services and/or have any suggestions?
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    In light of yesterdays theft of the EVO vehicles and trailer I have started looking at some of the anti-theft/tracking devices on the market. With how much time & money we have invested in our rigs, I for one would like to make it difficult as hell for some good-for-nothing SOB to drive off in my Jeep never to be seen again. Lo-Jack isn't available in my area. Anyone use any of these services and/or have any suggestions?
    Good topic. Subscribed. I'd like to know what's available as well.
    2008 2DR RED ROCK X

Interesting idea. Here's what a quick Google search brought up: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Top-5-Car-Tr...7678162/g.html.

I bet a local police dept would have some good ideas too.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Did I miss something? What happened to the Evo rigs? Subscribed as well. Curious to hear what some people may be using.

-
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447200476.707753.jpgi can neither confirm nor deny that my new jeep has one if these in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenkid View Post
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447200476.707753.jpgi can neither confirm nor deny that my new jeep has one if these in it.
    You probably qualify for a decent discount on your car insurance with something like this too. Definitely looking into something like this.

I think I'm going to call my auto insurance agent as well as the state & local police to see what they think. Would hope the police would be able to advise on what they have found works best over the years?
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Nothing but a Thing NecessaryEvil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I think I'm going to call my auto insurance agent as well as the state & local police to see what they think. Would hope the police would be able to advise on what they have found works best over the years?
    Unfortunately local law enforcement has no capability of monitoring private citizens GPS. Even big companies like on-star. It is up to the security companies and private citizens to notify and update local law enforcement of the vehicles location. Basically u would give a continuous update to the dispatcher where your vehicle gps is pinging, then they would relay the information to the patrol officers. Unless u give the police agency access to your account during the event of your vehicle being stolen. Bigger companies like on-star would just notify the law enforcement agencies their self after the vehicle has been stolen. As far as after market gps trackers go, find one that updates the location more frequently or updates in real time.

Knows a Thing or Two SaddleTramp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aspenkid View Post
    this!!!^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Force Zebra View Post
    This!

I have the SPOT Trace hidden in my Jeep. It has batteries and can be hard wired in. The lithium batteries last several months. I get a text and an email everyday to tell me where it is located. I also get a text and email whenever it moves and where it stops. I can track track it’s location at anytime and get satellite imagery as well as a grid cord of It’s location.

I pay a subscription for the service and it is well worth it to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast