VIDEO - ARROW QUEST : Search for Transcontinental Airway Beacons [Teaser]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back before the invention of GPS, radar or even rudimentary radio communication, there were brave pilots who flew across vast empty stretches of America using only a system of brightly painted concrete arrows and lights on top of towers to guide their way. These markers were established back in the 1920's by the United States Post Office and Department of Commerce and became known as the Transcontinental Airway Beacon System.

Ever since Cindy and I first heard about these concrete arrows, we have spent have spent countless hours looking for and documenting as many of them as we can find. And, being that so many of them are located in the State of Nevada, we have chosen to highlight them in our very first episode of, Nevada Silver Lining - a new show we're working on that showcases all the cool places you can visit here in this amazing state. In this short trailer, you'll get a taste of what you can expect to see. We hope you enjoy.

To see a post I just made regarding a recent trip to find and explore some of these cool concrete arrows, simply click on the link below:
ARROW QUEST : Search for Transcontinental Airway Beacons - Part 8

And, to see more information regarding the Transcontinental Airway Beacons, click on this link:
ARROW QUEST : The Search for Transcontinental Airway Beacons

SFNick

Beacons!

I've never heard of these beacons! Definitly something I need to look into more. Thanks for the short video!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Annnndddddd now im drooling.. haha Im very excited for another wayalife video. This new little series you guys came up with is awesome! Being from the east coast these kind of adventures always make me jealous. I like the new shots from what im assuming are a drone. it adds a little spice to the traditional shots and gopro views. I look forward to the series!:brows::honey:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice!
It will be interesting video.
You bought a drone?

Actually, we've had it for a while now. We just haven't had a chance to do anything with it till now. It's funny how much effort you have to make to make it happen :crazyeyes:

I've never heard of these beacons! Definitly something I need to look into more. Thanks for the short video!

Cool - I hope to show you more :cool:

this is gonna be awesome!!!! love the drone shots! super excited to see this!

Glad you like the new shots. We figured this more than anything would be perfect for one. :yup:

Annnndddddd now im drooling.. haha Im very excited for another wayalife video. This new little series you guys came up with is awesome! Being from the east coast these kind of adventures always make me jealous. I like the new shots from what im assuming are a drone. it adds a little spice to the traditional shots and gopro views. I look forward to the series!:brows::honey:

Awesome. I hope we can share some of what we have out here.:cool:

scull20

Drone shots take the cake...perfect perspective for what the arrows were all built for!

Looking forward to the full feature.

spinuck

Looks like another cool video coming. How high was the drone at the end of the teaser? Are you going to do a cross country trek to seek more?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally another video in the works 邏

LOL!! Finally?? We just released SNAKE EYES a few weeks back :crazyeyes:

So you know, we actually have this and a couple of other videos in the works and will do what we can to get them up as soon as possible. :yup:

Drone shots take the cake...perfect perspective for what the arrows were all built for!

Looking forward to the full feature.

Indeed. We were eager to do this video because we now have a drone. :cool:

Cool teaser! Look forward to seeing this!

Love the drone footage too!

Thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely going to be a cool video can't wait to see it the drone shots are sick

Thanks. We tried really hard to use our drone to get us shots that looked more like they were filmed from a helicopter and not a drone.

Looks like another cool video coming. How high was the drone at the end of the teaser? Are you going to do a cross country trek to seek more?

I think we got it up about 100 ft or so. For now, we're just focusing on beacons in Nevada being that this state has the most of any state. But, I wouldn't be opposed to traveling across the country to get more :yup:

Very cool! I can't wait to see the whole video! Beautiful drone footage!

Thank you

Top Bottom