Thread: App Battery Drain

Hooked

App Battery Drain

I have the WayALife app installed on my Samsung S3 running Android 4.4.2. I have noticed multiple times that if I start the app, view a few threads, then lock my phone, I'll come back in an hour or more and the battery has drained significantly. See this photo:
    Screenshot_2015-11-17-11-00-32.jpg

I have had to Force Stop the app to get it to stop draining my battery. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not subscribed to any forums at this time. The first time I noticed this I was subscribed to the For Sale forum, so I unsubscribed. I have all notifications disabled in the App.

I am subscribed to a good amount of forums and I check this app at least every hour and I haven't noticed any significant difference in battery loss but I have an iPhone so it could just be an android related problem🤔

Been Around the Block allwhitejeeps's Avatar
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447784901.855369.jpg I have similar battery usage but I'm on the app a lot. I know iPhones have a low power mode to disable background app refresh so I'm sure android has it too
    2013 JKUR 4.5 short arm lift
    Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger
    Evo Rock sliders w/ skins

I know for iPhones there is a setting where you can disable the auto refresh (background app refresh) so it will not be constantly fetching data. I have it off for all my apps and it helps my battery ten fold. For the last 24 hours Wayalife has used 45% of my battery lol if I didn't have the app refresh off I'm sure it would be more
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com