Mud Grappler

NastyNate

Ok So how much louder are the mud grapplers vs the factory rubicon tire? I want to run 33x12.50x17 grapplers .i know they are loud but need to gauge how much louder they are. Thanks in advance also if anybody has any pics of mud grapplers in 33 's on their jk can you please post

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok So how much louder are the mud grapplers vs the factory rubicon tire? I want to run 33x12.50x17 grapplers .i know they are loud but need to gauge how much louder they are. Thanks in advance also if anybody has any pics of mud grapplers in 33 's on their jk can you please post

They are a lot louder than rubicon tires but you get use to it quick.

My I ask why you only want 33's?

NastyNate

i have read a ton about 33's vs 35's and i am worried that my 3.73's (jku with a manual ) will struggle with 35's ...that is the main reason for 33's.....i really dig the look of the mud grappler and from what i have read they do well at hidden falls and in big bend with all the sharp rocks which is where i will be alot. But i am more than open to listen to anyone's experience as to why 35's are smarter, especially since tires are a big expense. i will be mounting them on d558 fuel anza's in a 17x8.5 with 4.5 backspacing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have read a ton about 33's vs 35's and i am worried that my 3.73's (jku with a manual ) will struggle with 35's ...that is the main reason for 33's.....i really dig the look of the mud grappler and from what i have read they do well at hidden falls and in big bend with all the sharp rocks which is where i will be alot. But i am more than open to listen to anyone's experience as to why 35's are smarter, especially since tires are a big expense. i will be mounting them on d558 fuel anza's in a 17x8.5 with 4.5 backspacing.

Being that you have a 2015 and a manual you would be fine on 35's with the 3.73 gearing. It will feel underpowered compared to stock but that's ok.

Once you put a lift on (either leveling kit like Evo or a 2.5" bb) with the 33's your really gonna wish you went 35's. Also just wheeling with them your gonna wish you had 35's. I know I felt that way. I went from the stock 225's up to 32's on my sport. Within 6k miles I sold the 32's and got 35's.

Ddays

Hooked
Funny how quickly you get used to the tread hum with the aftermarket tires. Kinda like the loud exhausts on Harleys...

What kind of tread life do the muds get vs the trail graps?

NastyNate

Being that you have a 2015 and a manual you would be fine on 35's with the 3.73 gearing. It will feel underpowered compared to stock but that's ok.

Once you put a lift on (either leveling kit like Evo or a 2.5" bb) with the 33's your really gonna wish you went 35's. Also just wheeling with them your gonna wish you had 35's. I know I felt that way. I went from the stock 225's up to 32's on my sport. Within 6k miles I sold the 32's and got 35's.

ok ....yeah i was thinking that ....do you think the terraflex 1.5 (2" up front and 1" in the rear) will clear the 35's?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

Lmao I've been running 3.21s with 37s for the last 6 months. You will be fine. The manual trans will make it bearable. If you had an auto id say otherwise.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
ok ....yeah i was thinking that ....do you think the terraflex 1.5 (2" up front and 1" in the rear) will clear the 35's?

I do as people with the Evo leveling kit clear 35's as long as they trim there fenders. Heck you can clear 35's stock with trimmed fenders and if you get the right size bump stops. Go look at strizzychris's build thread (scorpion build) and you will see he ran 35's on stock suspension for almost 2 years I believe, if not just over a year.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I ran 3.73s with 35s on my 14 manual for about 5 months. The only time it sucked was when I driving into the mountains. Being that you are in Texas, you shouldn't have any problems.

Only if you cut your fenders.

NastyNate

I do as people with the Evo leveling kit clear 35's as long as they trim there fenders. Heck you can clear 35's stock with trimmed fenders and if you get the right size bump stops. Go look at strizzychris's build thread (scorpion build) and you will see he ran 35's on stock suspension for almost 2 years I believe, if not just over a year.

yeah i was just looking at his build thread unfortunatly alot of his pics dont show up for me until you get to his bump stops page of the thread lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yeah i was just looking at his build thread unfortunatly alot of his pics dont show up for me until you get to his bump stops page of the thread lol

If your on the app sometimes pics are weird especially in older threads. Try hoping on the computer instead.

NastyNate

i have already picked up an extra set of stock fenders in case i fubar mine in the process.....cutting fenders was my fist idea with just a level and i have looked at everyones cut fenders on the forum trying to figure out which style to cut them like lol. it seems like you all cut them a little different.

JayKay

Caught the Bug

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447852755.735262.jpg ....

Skid_Kid

Here you go.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447853067.058609.jpg

Top Bottom