Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info on Leveling Kit and Shocks 15 JKU

Fresh Catch

Info on Leveling Kit and Shocks 15 JKU

Hey guys. I've got a 15 JKU Sahara on 33s with 17x9s. I'm kind of just running through some stuff online, as I'm overseas. I don't plan on crawling or anything, mostly overland type, camping, going to the fishing hole, and just general back country driving; however, I am in SoCal and Octillo may happen once or thrice. I'd also be taking it into the mountains as well. I don't think I need a full lift, so I'm looking at leveling kits.. specifically the EVO and Teraflex Kits (I'd love an OME 2in, but not sure I need it now, want to spend the $$, and feel the actual lift would be more than needed). The TF has four springs compared to the EVOs spacers. I'm also wanting to get a quality set of shocks to run on this as well. What's your opinions on those kits and shocks, or do you suggest something entirely different (i.e. the BDS 2" kit)? TIA

Evo leveling kit and kings. Hands down

Basically all the budget boosts that use the pucks will retain factory springs. It will still ride nice, just like stock. The TerrorFlex kit will have new springs and are about as stiff as rocks. IMHO the best bang for buck would be any leveling kit that uses the pucks (spacers) and a new set of rancho 9000 series shocks. With the 33's you have, nothing more then 2 inches will be needed, and shouldn't break the bank either.
    ** 2010 Unlimited Rubicon ** Gone but not forgotten...
    ** 2016 Renegade Trailhawk**

Here is an an inexpensive/popular option.
    Good luck.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/sus...s66109br9.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
    Here is an an inexpensive/popular option.
    Good luck.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/sus...s66109br9.html
    I looked at this for my new jeep. Basically a little over $50 extra for the leveling kit when you pay full price for the shocks. What a great deal! I couldn't find any reviews on the front coils so I went with EVO, but now I want 9000s so I kinda regret not going that direction from the start.

Caught the Bug
    hey im overseas as well. Cant wait to get back in the states.

I also have the teraflex leveling kit and I love it. rides just as good as stock. I have had no issues on and off road.
    14 Dune JK- Its a never ending project
    95- Honda Del Sol- 2nd Project.
    Instagram- Tallhamer

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by mds22 View Post
    I looked at this for my new jeep. Basically a little over $50 extra for the leveling kit when you pay full price for the shocks. What a great deal! I couldn't find any reviews on the front coils so I went with EVO, but now I want 9000s so I kinda regret not going that direction from the start.
    Do you just want to keep the EVO springs and replace the shocks for Ranchos? What changed your mind?

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallhamer View Post
    hey im overseas as well. Cant wait to get back in the states.

I also have the teraflex leveling kit and I love it. rides just as good as stock. I have had no issues on and off road.
    You and me both, brother. Are you still running factory shocks, or did you pick up some TFs too?

Quote Originally Posted by wackamole View Post
    Do you just want to keep the EVO springs and replace the shocks for Ranchos? What changed your mind?
    Just adding shocks. Love the EVO and will def keep it

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by mds22 View Post
    Just adding shocks. Love the EVO and will def keep it
    Any qualms with it? I know they're a good company and only about 2 hours from where I live. Do you have any issues with front sag having the weight of an aftermarket bumper? I'm also at the point were it's 250 for the Evo, plus 100 or so per shock.. at that point, for another two hundred, I can just get an OME and be done with it. That's kind of where I am right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast