Info on Leveling Kit and Shocks 15 JKU

wackamole

Hey guys. I've got a 15 JKU Sahara on 33s with 17x9s. I'm kind of just running through some stuff online, as I'm overseas. I don't plan on crawling or anything, mostly overland type, camping, going to the fishing hole, and just general back country driving; however, I am in SoCal and Octillo may happen once or thrice. I'd also be taking it into the mountains as well. I don't think I need a full lift, so I'm looking at leveling kits.. specifically the EVO and Teraflex Kits (I'd love an OME 2in, but not sure I need it now, want to spend the $$, and feel the actual lift would be more than needed). The TF has four springs compared to the EVOs spacers. I'm also wanting to get a quality set of shocks to run on this as well. What's your opinions on those kits and shocks, or do you suggest something entirely different (i.e. the BDS 2" kit)? TIA

Speeddmn

Basically all the budget boosts that use the pucks will retain factory springs. It will still ride nice, just like stock. The TerrorFlex kit will have new springs and are about as stiff as rocks. IMHO the best bang for buck would be any leveling kit that uses the pucks (spacers) and a new set of rancho 9000 series shocks. With the 33's you have, nothing more then 2 inches will be needed, and shouldn't break the bank either.

mds22

Tallhamer

hey im overseas as well. Cant wait to get back in the states.

I also have the teraflex leveling kit and I love it. rides just as good as stock. I have had no issues on and off road.

wackamole

I looked at this for my new jeep. Basically a little over $50 extra for the leveling kit when you pay full price for the shocks. What a great deal! I couldn't find any reviews on the front coils so I went with EVO, but now I want 9000s so I kinda regret not going that direction from the start.

Do you just want to keep the EVO springs and replace the shocks for Ranchos? What changed your mind?

wackamole

hey im overseas as well. Cant wait to get back in the states.

I also have the teraflex leveling kit and I love it. rides just as good as stock. I have had no issues on and off road.

You and me both, brother. Are you still running factory shocks, or did you pick up some TFs too?

wackamole

Just adding shocks. Love the EVO and will def keep it

Any qualms with it? I know they're a good company and only about 2 hours from where I live. Do you have any issues with front sag having the weight of an aftermarket bumper? I'm also at the point were it's 250 for the Evo, plus 100 or so per shock.. at that point, for another two hundred, I can just get an OME and be done with it. That's kind of where I am right now.

mds22

Any qualms with it? I know they're a good company and only about 2 hours from where I live. Do you have any issues with front sag having the weight of an aftermarket bumper? I'm also at the point were it's 250 for the Evo, plus 100 or so per shock.. at that point, for another two hundred, I can just get an OME and be done with it. That's kind of where I am right now.

OME coils are too stiff for me. I love the ride on these. I have a poison spyder brawler lite bumper and skid plate with a winch and I currently have exactly 2" over normal stock measurements.

Tallhamer

You and me both, brother. Are you still running factory shocks, or did you pick up some TFs too?

Factory shocks till they go. I have put about 10k miles on the shocks since I done the lift and have had no problems. During those miles I have been to raush creek off road park on them and pulled my boat and camper several hundred miles. No issues

Top Bottom