Skid Plates.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have the full protek skid system...great setup. Oil pan is for sure the one you need the most IMHO.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
What skid plates do you have? and photos?

Im looking at this being the first of my skid plates to do
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12250_1410_07.htm

Going to rausch creek off road park in may. Wanna protect what I can afford to get prior to going.

Im selling my protek system. Brand new still in the box. My oil pan skid was installed on my jeep last oil change but has never seen a trail. The other two skids are literally still in the box. Im just trading in my jeep and these wont fit my new one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What skid plates do you have? and photos?

Im looking at this being the first of my skid plates to do
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12250_1410_07.htm

Going to rausch creek off road park in may. Wanna protect what I can afford to get prior to going.

Being that you have a manual transmission, all you really need is to protect your oil pan. The one you are looking at is a great choice. All the other factory skids will be more than adequate and do not need to be replaced.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Where are you located Greg? Would you ship? And how much for them?

I would offer it to the OP first but if you look on the thread i actually have a rancho oil pan skid AND a protek system for sale. PM me

Thanks steve! Glad someones always got my back

price for oil pan ?

Pm me. Like stated above i have the whole protek system and a rancho oil pan skid

spicoli

Not trying to thread steal, but this seems on topic to me.

What are your opinions of aluminum vs steel; pluses minuses? Skid plates are in my near future w/ a stronger cross arm. Some people say aluminum can get hung up on a rocks due to it galling easier, but you save weight which is a nice plus. Unsure if the hanging up is really an issue or not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not trying to thread steal, but this seems on topic to me.

What are your opinions of aluminum vs steel; pluses minuses? Skid plates are in my near future w/ a stronger cross arm. Some people say aluminum can get hung up on a rocks due to it galling easier, but you save weight which is a nice plus. Unsure if the hanging up is really an issue or not.

Guess it really depends on the trails you play. Of course, I still run all my factory skid plates and have done so for the last 9 years on my white JK. Being that they're made of steel, they are what I would recommend. Way lighter weight than any aftermarket skid, they won't trap in heat and they still make it easy to access and service my Jeep and without costing a dime more. Of course, that's just me and I'm just a mall crawler.

Top Bottom