Which 37's for JK Daily Driver?

flectarn

This has probably been asked somewhere between 10,000 and gazillion times in the past couple years, however with a recent surge of new tire releases arising , I will go ahead and ask again.

I am looking at 37's for my build. Originally I was going to go with the KO2, however due to the net size of 35.5 when mounted I was turned off. I don't have any experience with other tires so it's hard to make a decision on which to choose.

My question to you is: Given the current 37 inch offerings on the market, which tire would you choose for your daily driver?

Some things to consider:
A: Highway Noise, it can get old pretty quickly
B: Tread longevity, get the most out of the tire
C: Offroad capability, No sense in something that's only as good as a street tire
D: Overall value of the tire. Does the $500 tire offer more value than the $300 tire?
E: Highway handling.

Really looking forward to your response

bsimon187

I have been running the Nitto Trail Grapplers for some time now and they are great on and off road. I frequently drive from SC to MD in my Jeep at 70-80mph and they have been a great tire thus fire.

Running 37x12.50x17's

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This has probably been asked somewhere between 10,000 and gazillion times in the past couple years, however with a recent surge of new tire releases arising , I will go ahead and ask again.

I am looking at 37's for my build. Originally I was going to go with the KO2, however due to the net size of 35.5 when mounted I was turned off. I don't have any experience with other tires so it's hard to make a decision on which to choose.

My question to you is: Given the current 37 inch offerings on the market, which tire would you choose for your daily driver?

Some things to consider:
C: Offroad capability, No sense in something that's only as good as a street tire
D: Overall value of the tire. Does the $500 tire offer more value than the $300 tire?

Where do you normally wheel?

flectarn

I have noticed that the trail grapplers seem extremely popular, and that is probably why.

Where do you normally wheel?

Normally? Nowhere yet, I have only been out once with the Jeep in the dunes. Since I have nowhere to call home as of yet, I am thinking a general offroad tire would be best to start with. I will admit, mudding doesn't seem to appealing to me.

Jknewbi

Interested in this as well. OP has similar requirements as I will once I get lifted. I hear good about Nitto trail grapplers and Toyo Open country MT.... Any others?

Pyro1415

I have noticed that the trail grapplers seem extremely popular, and that is probably why.

Normally? Nowhere yet, I have only been out once with the Jeep in the dunes. Since I have nowhere to call home as of yet, I am thinking a general offroad tire would be best to start with. I will admit, mudding doesn't seem to appealing to me.

Most trails become difficult with all terrains. Mud tires are made for a lot more than mud pits. That being said I have km2s 37x12.5x17 they measure 35.5/35.6 at 30psi mounted. I haven't gotten stuck once and they're boring in a group since the catch too quickly and won't let me sling mud everywhere.

I have no regrets with these tires although I'm thinking nitto exo's or ko2s for my winter tire.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have grapplers with 25k on them, and tread is not even 50% yet. They are super quiet on road and am very pleased so far. They are more quiet than my 31" bfgs on my truck.... Even the 40s are pretty damn quiet as compared to a lot of the other offerings.

JCDriller

I've got 35" Trail Grapplers now, but I'm probably going to go with 37" TOYO RTs on my next set. A little lighter than the 35" TGs and better in snow/ice.

BlackHawk08jk

If your not wheeling a lot or at all really I would recommend the nitro Tera grappler. I had a set on my jeep when I bought it and I got a lot of miles out of them. They perform great in all weather conditions and have a smooth ride.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Some things to consider:

Based on your "things to consider", I might recommend you give the new Toyo R/T's a look. They are available in a 37", have a tread pattern somewhere between an MT and an AT and come with a 45,000 warranty. Another good choice based on your "A" and "B" considerations is a BFG MT KO2. Of all the tires I have tested, I have found BFG's to wear like iron and while still being quite. You can easily get 60,000 miles out of them or more if you rotate on a regular basis. Nitto Trail Grapplers are great tires that are quite and do well off road and ones that I would recommend if you did more off roading but for your needs, I have found their tread life to last only about 40,000 at most.

CJW

Based on your "things to consider", I might recommend you give the new Toyo R/T's a look. They are available in a 37", have a tread pattern somewhere between an MT and an AT and come with a 45,000 warranty. Another good choice based on your "A" and "B" considerations is a BFG MT KO2. Of all the tires I have tested, I have found BFG's to wear like iron and while still being quite. You can easily get 60,000 miles out of them or more if you rotate on a regular basis. Nitto Trail Grapplers are great tires that are quite and do well off road and ones that I would recommend if you did more off roading but for your needs, I have found their tread life to last only about 40,000 at most.

Do you know of anyone that has used the Toyos in snow and ice (on road)? I've been thinking of getting these since the on road snow performance of a mud terrain is typically below par. I only go off-roading about 12 times a year on difficult trails so am alright to think I wouldn't lose to much off road capability with a tire like this? I currently run nitro TGs and am considering a tire that would help more in the winters of CO.

Petzl88

How do the trail grapplers do in the snow we have in Colorado? I want some but I am concerned with icy highway driving. I have the Duratracs now and wish they made them in 37s. I will have to look at those Toyos.

303DAILY

I have run the KO2s in CO and was not a big fan, great tire but floated in snow. I have had good luck with the Goodyear Kevlar's but haven't had a set of trail grapplers. Those might be next

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Some things to consider:

Almost all 37" tires measure 35.5" so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor. I run nitto tg. No complaints

rogerk93

Some things to consider:

I have the bfg km2 they are a pretty good tire all around. They handle surprisingly very well on dry pavement, they suck when it rains heavy tho I spin my tires almost all the time especially on hills not too much but enough to become annoying. Did great in the snow never had an issue with that. These tires aren't a fan of ice but what m/t are. I have 20,000 on these so far and think I can get another 10,000 if I'm lucky. They are great off-road they haven't failed me yet. The side walls are pretty solid. They had a fair share of hits and is fine.It is a pretty rough riding tire. They are on my daily driver and I would consider buying again.

I ran a set of 35" KM2's. They hooked up great in the sandstone, sucked on snow and wore terrible. They were loud too( not Nike mud grapplers loud though). The new designed BFG's are wearing awesome I hear.

Rubi3

I'm wondering what the difference may be in MPG between a 35" Nitto Trail Grappler and a 37".

I'm planning a build for my semi DD 2016 and am wondering gas wise, gear wise, etc. what to expect. The Jeep will be a 2016 Unlimited Rubicon manual transmission with 4.10 gears.

Top Bottom