Hemi swap

BSHEPHER

Looking for a shop that's done a lot of swaps and isn't ridiculous in price. Living in Cali, so the shop need to be good with the emissions part too. It an everyday driver, so, looking at the 5.7. Any recommendations, I live in Temecula (So Cal) but willing to take it almost any where.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Redlands motorsports. Of course Off Road Evo. Rebel Offroad. I'm sure there are many close to you that would be willing to do it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for a shop that's done a lot of swaps and isn't ridiculous in price. Living in Cali, so the shop need to be good with the emissions part too. It an everyday driver, so, looking at the 5.7. Any recommendations, I live in Temecula (So Cal) but willing to take it almost any where.

Being that you're in SoCal, I would recommend that you give Off Road Evolution a call. They have don a lot of HEMI swaps and know what they're doing. That being said, getting your Jeep smogged in the future will require a visit to a ref station. I've never had good luck with that and that's why I'm glad I live in Nevada.

flectarn

Being that you're in SoCal, I would recommend that you give Off Road Evolution a call. They have don a lot of HEMI swaps and know what they're doing. That being said, getting your Jeep smogged in the future will require a visit to a ref station. I've never had good luck with that and that's why I'm glad I live in Nevada.

I am curious, what is the cost through ORE? I just talked to a dealer last week in Orange County, and they said they charge $30k. He also said most people who buy it from them are royalty from out of the country or just stinkin' rich. So I would imagine that has a lot to do with their pricing scheme as well.

BSHEPHER

I really don't want to deal with the smog issues. Moving to Nevada or Montana in three years, but in the mean time don't really want any problems being able to register it. Is a supercharger a good way to go then and are their any smog issues in cali

Moochie

I really don't want to deal with the smog issues. Moving to Nevada or Montana in three years, but in the mean time don't really want any problems being able to register it. Is a supercharger a good way to go then and are their any smog issues in cali

A good shop can take care of smog requirements in California. With an LS engine, Turnkey Jeep in Oceanside, made mine legal. :)

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
5years on a new vehicle. When I asked how people get away with the smog issues on a engine swap.

Our specialty! If you'd like send us a PM and I can walk you through the process with our different engine swaps.

As for the California legality, I would suggest consulting with local emissions experts.

Wes

Top Bottom