offroad bucket list? maybe the rainforest challange?

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Moab was first on my list and I wheeled there this past summer. Next on my list is the Rubicon Trail. That's a couple of years away.

RockyJk

Mine are

Moab
Rubicon (on my jeep)
Dusy
Fordyce
and that place where Piginajeep broke his jeep on the Jkx forget the name

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Moab
Rubicon

Well basically anything out west really, sad list I know......stupid east coast living :grayno:

DemCoconuts

List is short to start, with Moab, the Rubicon trail, and Ruby Falls being the first 3 on it. Looking to cross off Ruby Falls come the spring!

I have Family in Colorado so I want to do Black Bear and the surrounding trails. I also want to maybe do Holy Cross but i don't know if I could do it with the 35s and 3 inch lift that I want to put on mine

blackrubi14

1. Moab
2. Carnage Canyon
3. Rubicon Trail
4. Devils Canyon
5. Defense Mine
6. We have an annual camping/wheeling trip to Colorado every year, mostly the Salida area, I think for 2016, we will do Black Bear Pass so I can check that one off!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
For me, I like the adventure of a trip.
#1 would be to drive from the Atlantic to the Pacific, then up to the Arctic via the ALCAN Hwy, with various trails and exploration along the way, of course!
#2 would be a trip across the Trans-American trail. Something about crossing the US on mostly dirt intrigues me.
#3 would be an original continental divide trip similar to what was done by Land Rover.
#4 would be Moab. It's such a beautiful place and I've always wanted to wheel there.

I realize there is only 1 popular off road destination there, but I'm not much in rock crawling. I like hitting tough trails but am more into exploration. I've already driven the Rubicon, the Pepper trails in NM, Sedona, and a bunch of trails in Arizona and Colorado. I would like to start doing more long exploration type trips in the future.

StickFish

#1 would be to drive from the Atlantic to the Pacific, then up to the Arctic via the ALCAN Hwy, with various trails and exploration along the way, of course!
#2 would be a trip across the Trans-American trail. Something about crossing the US on mostly dirt intrigues me.
#3 would be an original continental divide trip similar to what was done by Land Rover.
#4 would be Moab. It's such a beautiful place and I've always wanted to wheel there.

I realize there is only 1 popular off road destination there, but I'm not much in rock crawling. I like hitting tough trails but am more into exploration. I've already driven the Rubicon, the Pepper trails in NM, Sedona, and a bunch of trails in Arizona and Colorado. I would like to start doing more long exploration type trips in the future.

Sign me up. Any of those would make a great group trip!!!

Irish Pirate

I totally agree. I have done a couple cross country drives. So much fun but it was more about driving fast down the interstate and stopping where ever. Id love to do a long trek a little slower in the jeep

Bosunmate

1. Black Bear Pass and Alpine loop
2. Moab (again with more time)
3. Rubicon
4. Maine back roads in the fall

Warebear

I want to do all of the trails, but my real bucket list would be a trip around the world, without much pavement. Once or twice in the jeep, then once or twice on a motorcycle.

GraniteCrystal

I want to do all of the trails, but my real bucket list would be a trip around the world, without much pavement. Once or twice in the jeep, then once or twice on a motorcycle.

Have you actually started researching this? Putting together a route, plan, stops, etc? Would be really curious to see what you have if so

Top Bottom