Wave from Charlotte NC - Former Streetbike Racer

swampdog

As the title states, my name is Brian F. and I am from Charlotte, NC. I recently purchased a bone stock 2013 JKU Sahara manual. After having one trip to the local OHV park (Uwharrie), it was time to chase the dragon and begin modifying the rig. Picked up a set of brand new rubi rock rails off craigslist for $100 and just took delivery of a set of 35x12.5x17 KO2s on ProComp 7069 wheels as well as a Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex kit. My previous addiction (money-pit) was roadracing sportbikes throughout the Southeast at the club level (all on a closed track, keep the public and myself safe). For reference, here is a video of me racing at Daytona earlier this year. Needless to say, the motorcycle had to go in order to fund the jeep modifications that are planned. I hope to have the lift and tires installed in the next month, whenever I get a free weekend and the courage to tackle the task. Anyways, I am stoked to join the community.

Side note - any tips for wheeling / crawling with a manual? I have found the "non-stall" (incorrect name i'm sure) feature in 4-Lo where you just let out the clutch and the rig crawls, but once you touch the gas to give it a little extra umph that feature seems to turn off and you have to clutch to slow down. Anyways, any guidance is appreciated.

Last edited:

dannymalkin

Welcome. The biggest factor that will help with crawling in a manual will be regearing the axles. Also, don't ride the clutch to get up an obstacle or use the clutch when the transmission is submerged in mud or water if you end up on trails with that sort of thing. You may already know all this but hopefully I helped in some way!

Gallamine

Welcome from Raleigh! Not sure what you mean by, "clutch to slow down." I like riding slow myself. If someone is pressuring you to go faster, wave em around.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE [emoji3]
From Kinston NC
I have a manual and wheeled it twice at uwharrie and it's not that hard to get used too
I usually just like you said let the clutch go and gas it where it's needed really and like others have said don't ride the clutch

swampdog

Thanks for the warm welcome. I keep telling myself that I will get another race bike next year, but I also want lockers, gearing, lights...goodness, my garage may not see another motorcycle for a while

KYJeff

I went looking to give a wave back, I wave at all Jeeps and hate not getting a wave back! You were off the main road a little but I found you! [emoji6]

Top Bottom