Automatic gearbox trouble

Guascone

Hi,

I have some trouble with the automatic gear box:

JKUR MY’15 bought brand new, 8k miles, 33 inch tire, outside temperature 5°C or 41°F

The problem is: when the jk start, the gearbox seems ok but after few miles when I stop the car at the light, the gearbox is pushing. If I put it on N or P everything seems ok. When the oil become warmer everything come back ok. The problem is started with the cold temperature.

Anyone know this issue?

Guascone

Probably my translation was not very good...
When I told that the gearbox is pushing, I mean that is tugging...after some miles, it run again well...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! When you posted this thread, it was almost 11pm in the western part of the United States. It's also a major holiday today and so last night was kind of like a Friday. Of course, none of us have a CRD let alone the transmission that comes with it so, that's probably all the reasons why you weren't getting a response.

That being said, it might be something as easy as a programming issue. Have you taking your Jeep to the dealership to see what they might have to say about it?

Guascone

Sorry…I forgot the time issue…:)

The dealer is a big issue! Unfortunately here in Turin we have just two dealer…both told me that they can check the car just after the middle of December…

The transmission on CRD should the same as the Pentastar…this is the reason why I asked if someone had the same trouble…In your forum I find always the best information! Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry…I forgot the time issue…:)

The dealer is a big issue! Unfortunately here in Turin we have just two dealer…both told me that they can check the car just after the middle of December…

The transmission on CRD should the same as the Pentastar…this is the reason why I asked if someone had the same trouble…In your forum I find always the best information! Thanks!

Okay, I see that you did say you have an A580. I didn't realize the CRD's came with them too.

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by "tugging" or "pushing". What are you doing when it happens?

Guascone

When it happens usually I'm braking...by tugging I mean When you brake with out pusch on the clutch with the manual gearbox...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When it happens usually I'm braking...by tugging I mean When you brake with out pusch on the clutch with the manual gearbox...

Okay, I may be losing something in translation but, are you saying that you're feeling something going on only when you brake? Are you sure it's not your ABS/ESP system and not your transmission? Is your Jeep lifted and if so, did you make sure to re-center your steering wheel?

Guascone

Ok Eddy, now I'm on the couch with my lovely translator ( my wife)...:)

When the gearbox is cold, mabe after a night parking, after I switch on the engine, the gearbox works properly ( just few minutes).
But after few meters when I have to stop,ie at a traffic light, when I decrease the speed from 20/30 Mh until the stop, it seems that the gearbox doesn't disengage the traction...if you compare it with a manual gearbox it seem like a sticky clutch.
But after few kilometers, when the gearbox oil becomes hot, everything comes back to normal.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Have a nice Thanksgiving
:)

Brent McCartney

I have felt a couple of times, that coming to a stop it feels like I stop twice, like maybe there is some play or slop in the drivetrain. But I have a 2015 auto. And then when I take off from stop light there a clunk after started rolling. I'm taking in soon to have it checked.

Heavyhaul07

When u first start the Jeep in the morning place the transmission in neutral and let it warm up for a couple minutes. Like 3-5 minutes try that and see if it helps. My dodge truck Trans did it when it was cold started it then warmed it up for a few minutes in neutral. Worked better for me

BumblebeeZA

Im no expert, but is this not oil related, like to much oil in the trans?
Or possibly the torque converter acting up.
But as mentioned, it maybe as simple as just a little reprogramming.

Good luck :thumb:

Top Bottom