Method Race Wheels

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Anyone on here running the Method 101 beadlocks? Thinking about getting a set in 17x9 for my JK build but haven't really heard much about them, good or bad. Thinking about something like this, but it'd be in 8 lug. image-941334232.jpg

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Could be wrong but pretty sure when I saw these in person the bolts were not fully recessed.

BigPrince

There were a lot of rigs running these at SEMA.

Larry Mcrae has them on his new "Big Daddy" rig and he hits the rocks hard.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have the method 105s. The bolts are fully recessed on them. The rings do get chewed up more than the ATX rings do but they work just fine. I'd buy them again. One thing to look is if they come in 8 lug. I know the 105s don't, you have to buy blanks and have them custom drilled to get 8 lug

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No experience with them but they are a good looking wheel. The rings are kind of narrow but they are thick. The bolts are on the small side but, so long as the ring sits metal to metal with the wheel (which I think it does), breaking bolts may not be too much of a problem. If I didn't already have ATX wheels, I might be tempted to give these a try if only because the price point is tempting.

WEN2FAS

I run 105's and they suck. First when I went to 37's from 35's the bead on the 37's was thicker than what Method could handle. When tightening the ring down it coned badly causing to much lateral pressure on the bolts which in turn chewed up the aluminum on the wheel itself. Had to heli coil a few holes. Called Method and was told I needed a spacer kit for $180. to fit 37's. Now there is a gap between the ring and rim to catch dirt or rocks or potentially rip the ring off. Methods customer service rude and unhelpful and they acted like they never heard of the problem which is total bs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run 105's and they suck. First when I went to 37's from 35's the bead on the 37's was thicker than what Method could handle. When tightening the ring down it coned badly causing to much lateral pressure on the bolts which in turn chewed up the aluminum on the wheel itself. Had to heli coil a few holes. Called Method and was told I needed a spacer kit for $180. to fit 37's. Now there is a gap between the ring and rim to catch dirt or rocks or potentially rip the ring off. Methods customer service rude and unhelpful and they acted like they never heard of the problem which is total bs.

Wow, thanks for posting up your personal experiences. I had heard they were full of themselves and that their customer service wasn't exactly stellar but I have no personal experience with them so I had left that part out.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Good to know, thanks

taher2.1

Completely agree. I have been running 105 for year now and not happy all all. I was able to get good deal on spacers because of David but Method customer service really play Ignorant. Only reason I am holding on to it now because too much money already invested getting spacers, removing broker bolts and investing in higher grade bolts. If you are planning to buy 105, make sure you check if you need spacers

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The 101 beadlocks are a good looking wheel, but I'd have to custom order for 8x6.5" lug 4" bs, which costs a little extra and puts them close to ATX beadlock wheel prices. Sounds like the customer service issues might not be worth the risk. Bummer because those wheels look sharp.

allwhitejeeps

No. They have not started selling the production version yet. But they are bad ass and even more so in person.

I would love to see those in person.. Probably the only reason thats holding me back from pulling the trigger on atx slabs right now

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You would need full width axles and then some to run the machetes. Also they are like $650 a piece.

I'll be running full float 8 lug axles so I'd be good there, but yeah that price is a no go for a wheel. I would assume they are forged instead of cast for that price?

Top Bottom