Sun visor repair

Bustedback

Can someone tell me if the black plastic part of the visor that snaps into the clip is replaceable, or do I need to replace the whole visor? The visor vibrates quite a bit without that piece, drives me nuts. 2012 JKU

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Can someone tell me if the black plastic part of the visor that snaps into the clip is replaceable, or do I need to replace the whole visor? The visor vibrates quite a bit without that piece, drives me nuts. 2012 JKU

Have you made sure the screws holding down the hinge of the visor are tight? That was my problem.

Bustedback

Have you made sure the screws holding down the hinge of the visor are tight? That was my problem.

The black plastic piece got brittle and broke into five pieces. Ever since then the visor vibrates because is not secure in the clip. I just might bite the bullet and buy a new visor. I wonder if it comes without the ugly caution sticker on it?

lidless07X

The black plastic piece got brittle and broke into five pieces. Ever since then the visor vibrates because is not secure in the clip. I just might bite the bullet and buy a new visor. I wonder if it comes without the ugly caution sticker on it?

In our law suit-happy society there is probably a warning sticker on the visor, one in the box, and two stuck on the box it's shipped in.

On the plus side, if can find some used visors, there were certain years that would easily peal off. My '07 came off very easily but my '10 was near impossible.

I think 2010 was the first year for the longer(wider) visors.

Good luck.

desertbuzz

Hey there ... I now have the same problem on both visors.
Did you eventually find a fix or did you buy new visors ??

Jacanape

Visor repair

That’s one way to fix it. I have the same issue with both visors. Anyone had any luck getting this fixed besides trashing the whole car?

WJCO

Meme King
That’s one way to fix it. I have the same issue with both visors. Anyone had any luck getting this fixed besides trashing the whole car?

Awesome first post :cheesy:

I found a replacement on eBay for like 50 bucks. It was used but still in good shape.

houstonjeepdude

Just a thought. Would a wooden dowel rod work? Just get a wooden rod and cut to size maybe paint it if you so desire. Or is the thought just redneck thinking ?

Top Bottom