2011+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Build

RockIt Man

So we are all but decided upon ordering a new GC for the wife sometime early next year.

Haven't seen any build info here yet.

Anybody have a built up WK2, or plans to do so?

Trail_Creeper

I know a guy stationed at Langley AFB, VA with a lift WK on 35s. But i have only seen 1 or 2 WK2 builds, on is running around the jeepforum, or the cherokee forum. Its a red WK2 on 35s and i think AEV wheels. Looks pretty good, but i can't say i'd take in out on the trails at all.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The reason you see no built up WK2s is because there are no quality lifts for them. Rocky Road makes a leveling kit and a 2" spacer lift. If you have Quadralift, the Rocky Road kit lifts your WK2 the same amount as full up on the Quadralift does. It'd be nice if OME or someone would make some quality springs for it, but because of the IFS/IRS suspension, I doubt you'll see much, if anything from any of the good suspension companies out there.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
As mentioned spacer lift is basically the only off the shelf lift that is available. Bushwacker did come out with fender flares for it, looks only it does nothing for tire clearance.

in4low

WK2 build

I know a guy just around the corner from me with a WK2 and he's running 35's and lifted his 6" and has built custom control arms and steering linkage on the front and a JK D44 in the rear and said even with 33's it rubs off road and it's a mall crawler and that's about it.

Top Bottom