A big thanks to Dynatrac, these brakes literally saved my life!

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the ProGrips installed on my 2010 with 37 BFG KO2's, the install was as easy as the video shows and the braking is unreal with 37's, like stopping with stock tires only better!

Recent experience over the Thanksgiving holiday as to their braking power:

On my way to SLC from Moab on Highway 6 northbound , on mostly 2 lane section a Toyota truck heading south decided he was going to pass the semi, I know he saw me because I was the only Jeep heading towards him with my lights and me flashing them during a clear and sunny day! Instead of dropping back in behind the semi, this jackass decides to go for it.

At 75MPH and a fully loaded Jeep, going off road was not an option as the grade was not flat and rolling was not a real option. luckily no one was behind me when I hit the brakes hard. The brakes did not lock up, the Jeep did not pitch forward as I went from 75 to almost a complete stop in such a short time/distance. To say I was amazed is an understatement.

I was close enough to see the jackass's face in the Toyota - he was just laughing and the truck drivers expression - big eyed, both hands on the wheel leaning back as if preparing for impact while he was attempting to emergency brake.

I was sure we were going to hit but between the semi being able to slow and I being able to almost come to a complete stop to allow me to get as far right off the road as I could, I avoided what could have been a real ugly accident because of a fucktard.

I know had I had my other brake kit before the ProGrips or even the stock brakes, there was no way I would have been able to stop or slow down as fast as I did without locking up or kicking in the ABS and not being able to stop or slow as fast.

A big thanks to Dynatrac, these brakes literally saved my life on this day :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Trail JK

I have the ProGrips installed on my 2010 with 37 BFG KO2's, the install was as easy as the video shows and the braking is unreal with 37's, like stopping with stock tires only better!

Recent experience over the Thanksgiving holiday as to their braking power:

On my way to SLC from Moab on Highway 6 northbound , on mostly 2 lane section a Toyota truck heading south decided he was going to pass the semi, I know he saw me because I was the only Jeep heading towards him with my lights and me flashing them during a clear and sunny day! Instead of dropping back in behind the semi, this jackass decides to go for it.

At 75MPH and a fully loaded Jeep, going off road was not an option as the grade was not flat and rolling was not a real option. luckily no one was behind me when I hit the brakes hard. The brakes did not lock up, the Jeep did not pitch forward as I went from 75 to almost a complete stop in such a short time/distance. To say I was amazed is an understatement.

I was close enough to see the jackass's face in the Toyota - he was just laughing and the truck drivers expression - big eyed, both hands on the wheel leaning back as if preparing for impact while he was attempting to emergency brake.

I was sure we were going to hit but between the semi being able to slow and I being able to almost come to a complete stop to allow me to get as far right off the road as I could, I avoided what could have been a real ugly accident because of a fucktard.

I know had I had my other brake kit before the ProGrips or even the stock brakes, there was no way I would have been able to stop or slow down as fast as I did without locking up or kicking in the ABS and not being able to stop or slow as fast.

A big thanks to Dynatrac, these brakes literally saved my life on this day :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Crazy story! I'm glad you and your family were able to make it out of that situation. Lots to be thankful for!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that was a heck of a story and glad to hear the ProGrips were able to help keep you and your family safe!!

When you get a chance, shoot me a PM with your shipping information as I'd love to send you a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses :yup:

Wow.... Glad to hear you are ok!! That stretch of road is terrible ( one of the deadliest in the US I believe). Great feedback that I am taking to heart!! Thanks

Damn that could have been a turrible accident. So glad to hear the Progrips helped you avoid that one.

jeeeep

Hooked
thanks everyone, I can't express how glad I am that they worked when I really needed them.

Anyone on the fence about this braking system, it's worth every penny.

I'm not one to praise products when they do what they are supposed to do but damn...

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
WOW that's an amazing story and I'm glad you and your family are here to tell about it. I'm really glad the Pro-grips did what they were meant to do.

BlacknRedJK

Crazy story! I'm glad to hear you were able to drive away harm free. I drive highway 6 weekly between SLC and Price for school. It is a scary stretch of road with the jackasses on the roads.

All the more reason I will complete this upgrade regardless if I win the giveaway!

Top Bottom