Black Oak LEDs

GraniteCrystal

Has anyone ever purchased and used LED lighting from Black Oak? blackoakled.com

I read a lot of good stuff about Rigid but these guys seem to be making very high quality stuff for a slightly lesser price. I'm looking to buy some 2x2 lights as well as a 20" light bar and want good stuff. Obviously I don't want to just pay for a brand though.

Anyone have experience with them? Opinions on Black Oak vs Rigid?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife. Stop over and give us a wave.

I have not heard of them before, but they look like every other bar on the net.

GraniteCrystal

Welcome to Wayalife. Stop over and give us a wave.

I have not heard of them before, but they look like every other bar on the net.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome Hinrichs!

IP69K rated, lifetime warranty, and using some high quality bulbs from what I can tell. They don't strike me as just like every other bar on the net. They strike me as a company trying to dislodge Rigid.

Anyone have actual experience with them or other thoughts?

Skid_Kid

Thanks for the reply and the welcome Hinrichs!

IP69K rated, lifetime warranty, and using some high quality bulbs from what I can tell. They don't strike me as just like every other bar on the net. They strike me as a company trying to dislodge Rigid.

Anyone have actual experience with them or other thoughts?

You sound like your connected to them somehow. Why don't you post up some pics of your rig and give us a wave. Maybe update your profile a bit... :idontknow:

GraniteCrystal

You sound like your connected to them somehow. Why don't you post up some pics of your rig and give us a wave. Maybe update your profile a bit... :idontknow:

Sorry for the confusion. Not meaning to set off alarms.

Nope, not connected in anyway. I found them on http://lightbarreport.com/ and started doing some digging. Didn't find a lot online in the forums so thought I'd post the question.

I've updated my profile with some more info so we can get to know each other. I'm from MT, live in CO, and am a freelance software engineer running my own business. Would love to start running some basic trails in the Denver area. Rig is still mostly stock with a new JCR bumper going on next week and a Warn winch. So not looking for anything too crazy, just something to get off up in the mountains.

So, I originally told my wife I'd be happy with either Black Oak or Rigid for some 2x2 pod lights for Christmas, but based on the complete lack of knowledge/experience around Black Oak, I might be leaning back toward Rigid. Other thoughts on this? Any lighting experts in the forum?

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I'm from MT, live in CO, and am a freelance software engineer running my own business. If anyone is looking for a website or application, PM me.

Just a heads up, you may want to take a 2nd look at the rules. Can't solicit any kind of business here without being a paying vendor. Not trying to be a jackass, just letting you know.

So, I originally told my wife I'd be happy with either Black Oak or Rigid for some 2x2 pod lights for Christmas, but based on the complete lack of knowledge/experience around Black Oak, I might be leaning back toward Rigid. Other thoughts on this? Any lighting experts in the forum?

Rigid are damn good lights but are expensive. There are also many other options out there that are cheaper that work just fine. As far as BlackOak, never heard of them myself.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I thought ridgid was coming out with cheaper options per sema, but I have yet to see anything. They are expensive for sure but great lights.

WJCO

Meme King
I thought ridgid was coming out with cheaper options per sema, but I have yet to see anything. They are expensive for sure but great lights.

I got a buddy who is a Rigid dealer. He's had to drop a lot of inventory because they just aren't selling. He's always spoke highly of them, but with so many other good LED companies out there now with much lower prices, it's getting harder to sell the Rigids he said.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I got a buddy who is a Rigid dealer. He's had to drop a lot of inventory because they just aren't selling. He's always spoke highly of them, but with so many other good LED companies out there now with much lower prices, it's getting harder to sell the Rigids he said.

This makes me curious now to see which light bar is brighter between Cozdude and I this weekend. I understand the quality they have, but cant see spending what they ask for their lights anymore.

WJCO

Meme King
This makes me curious now to see which light bar is brighter between Cozdude and I this weekend. I understand the quality they have, but cant see spending what they ask for their lights anymore.

You guys should do a write up/experiment/etc. I'm sure many guys on here would love to see that. What brand does Cozdude have?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You guys should do a write up/experiment/etc. I'm sure many guys on here would love to see that. What brand does Cozdude have?

He has a 21" ridgid, I should be getting my replacement 21" Inspired bar saturday.

GraniteCrystal

Agreed, a write up would be great. The most useful things on lights I've found so far have been direct comparison videos or pics. Just going off dealer websites is really hard to know if you're getting your money worth.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

They did and they're available in different color trim too...

main.php

main.php

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Fixed it for you ;)

I have a 20" rigid E series spot/flood combo.

Im going to win with the extra inch :cheesy:

They did and they're available in different color trim too...

main.php

main.php

Ah I thought you posted that Eddie, they didnt say anything about price did they? I have been looking on the site but didnt see any mention of the new bars yet. Im sure people will buy their stuff regardless of the price if they really want it, but seems competition is really starting to come strong against them.

Top Bottom