Anyone Else Having Problems with Amazon Lately?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering if anyone else out there has been having problems getting stuff from Amazon lately. I am a Prime member and literally the last 3 orders I've placed in a row have gotten screwed up to the point where I've had to call on them. This has all happened within the last 2 weeks and for things like books and camera parts. The first 2 orders didn't show up when Amazon said it should have been delivered and when I went to check on them, they said that UPS couldn't deliver them because my address didn't exist. Of course, this is odd being that I got another package from UPS just fine on the same day. Of course, without having to change a thing on my end, UPS ended up delivering my packages just fine a couple of days after the fact. So, on my last order which was placed on November 27th and I was supposed to get it by November 30th, I check my tracking on Amazon and on December 1st, it said my package was in "transit". But, when I checked UPS, it just showed that a "label was created" on the first and that it was scheduled to arrive on the 2nd. Totally lame but, what am I going to do, right? Well today, I get an email from Amazon and it states that my package was "lost in transit" and so they cancelled my order and sent me a full refund. Thinking WTF, I checked the UPS tracking number and they show they haven't even picked up the package!!

I used to love shopping with Amazon but lately, their service has been shit and they've been full of shit - at least for me anyway. Is anyone else having any problems like this with Amazon?

trailless

Caught the Bug
I haven't had a problem at all. I'm a prime member as well and sometimes I even order 2 hour delivery. It's always made it on time.

At first I would have said it's a problem with UPS but you mentioned that you've received packages before. So your address is in their system.

Are you ordering Prime items or from other vendors?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am ordering Prime items and they're supposed to be coming from their fulfillment center. So that it isn't missed, I have been ordering from Amazon for years and have NEVER had a problem with them in the past. All the problems I've been having have only occurred within the last 2-3 weeks. The problem isn't with not getting what I ordered, it's not getting in the time frame they promised and then getting fed BS about why. After getting the email that I got from Amazon this morning, I called them up to find out why the cancelled and refunded my order and they told me that my package was lost in transit. To this, I told them that I checked the tracking number and that UPS never even picked it up - how could it be lost in transit? After being put on hold forever, they said they would call me back and when they did, I was told that the order was cancelled and that I would have to place a new order if I still wanted it and that they would send it 1 day. When I asked when it would ship, they couldn't tell me. Needless to say, I am still on the phone with them now and trying to get a supervisor to explain to me what's going on.

WJCO

Meme King
Not with Amazon, but in the last week we've had a ton of issues with Fedex and USPS. I think they're all just busy catching up, lots of miscommunication, and are too lazy to lift a finger to research the truth. I did have another Gem of a store through ebay that really f'd up. Long story short, but after several lies, I finally got ahold of a Manager that cancelled the order as I had requested from the beginning and removed it from the ebay account. Thought I was done. Then about 15 hours later, I get another email from a different rep (that was completely clueless and didn't bother to check any facts) and stated "Sorry we can't cancel your order, the product has already been shipped." :cheesy:

I could see this thread going toward 'Poor shipping/customer service experiences.' Gives us all a chance to vent. :D

TFD

My last order with prime never came. I called them and they said the package was lost and sent me another one. I've also waited 4 to 5 days for items that are supposedly guaranteed 2 day shipping. I've never had any problems until this year.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I dont think I have had any problems with them recently, and My parents and I did place a rather large order for toys for my niece and were shipping it all direct, which now makes me curious to see if it got delivered in time.

Edit: Just checked and all seems well on the packages and what not, also another one we just ordered yesterday is being delivered today so I guess its all good for us.

Josh27

OMG yes I have.... probably more the sellers fault than anything but I do not have prime and my items are not sold by amazon specifically but sellers on amazon. I ordered a stock for my shotgun from a place in NJ and the first one got here fine but I wanted to return it and exchange it for another one. I sent it back, called them to make sure they got it and handle the exchange over the phone. They told me they would get sent right away after we got off the phone. A few days go by and I still didn't get a tracking number so I email them and they reply with a tracking number. Another couple days go by and the tracking isn't updating so I call them to find out why. Turns out they were confused about what I wanted (one of my first emails had a link to the specific one I wanted to exchange for) so they didn't send anything and gave me a random tracking number. The guys solution was to just refund me my money and have me order what I wanted to avoid further confusion...

So, I get my refund and look for another seller to buy from and order it. A day or two pass and my tracking isn't updating again. Email them and they respond with saying it left their facility and USPS has lost it so they filed a claim and offer to send another one to me. So I respond telling them it would be great if they could send another one (its already been 3 weeks at this point) and they reply saying they are out of stock.... The amazon page says 11 in stock and it was updated a few days later to 7 in stock. Then they offer free stuff and discounts so I reply with questions pertaining to their offers and not a single one was answered so I just asked for a refund. Also I am very confused as to what seller I ordered this one from because it has the same address as the previous one but different name. And looking at the page I ordered from, the "sold by" keeps changing sellers...

Now I ordered from the company who makes the stock off of their website and it has shipped and the tracking has updated but I have not seen any updates since Dec. 1st. It is scheduled to get here tomorrow so I will see what happens. My issues may or may not be related to yours, but since it involved amazon I thought I would share...

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My last order with prime never came. I called them and they said the package was lost and sent me another one. I've also waited 4 to 5 days for items that are supposedly guaranteed 2 day shipping. I've never had any problems until this year.

Yup, never had a problem until the last couple of weeks and I order from them all the time. Very frustrating.

I finally got to speak with a supervisor and she was more accommodating and eager to help rectify the situation but really, all I want is a little honesty from them. If you say you can get something to me by a specific date, "GUARANTEED", well, that's kind of what I except you to do. Can't do it, just tell me WHEN you can get it to me by. Is that really so much to ask?

Flat Top

No problems for the wife and I. I placed 4 orders over the holiday weekend and all but one have been shipped and received. :thumb: The $25 Amazon TV Fire Stick though, who knows....

07streetbobrider

Glad I read this. Reminded me I haven't received something I ordered a long time ago. E-mailed the company about not receiving it weeks later and forgot about it. Just checked and I ordered it on September 30. Only leather conditioner for the Harley.

WJCO

Meme King
Yup, never had a problem until the last couple of weeks and I order from them all the time. Very frustrating.

I finally got to speak with a supervisor and she was more accommodating and eager to help rectify the situation but really, all I want is a little honesty from them. If you say you can get something to me by a specific date, "GUARANTEED", well, that's kind of what I except you to do. Can't do it, just tell me WHEN you can get it to me by. Is that really so much to ask?

Exactly. I want truth, not bullshit.

seanb123

The one thing I do know about Amazon is their customer service is shit. On occasion I've had to deal with them and they could care less whether you stay or go. With so many people buying from them they could care less if you leave or cancel your prime.

WJCO

Meme King
Glad I read this. Reminded me I haven't received something I ordered a long time ago. E-mailed the company about not receiving it weeks later and forgot about it. Just checked and I ordered it on September 30. Only leather conditioner for the Harley.

Not surprised. They have to club about 30 baby Antarctic seals to create that stuff. Don't be surprised if you don't see it for another couple months. That stuff is hard to come by.

TheFett

Not surprised. They have to club about 30 baby Antarctic seals to create that stuff. Don't be surprised if you don't see it for another couple months. That stuff is hard to come by.

Thats one way to put it :cheesy:

stop-clubbing-baby-seals.jpg

CrazyDuck

I'm a prime member and I order tons of stuff off amazon. I haven't had any trouble with Amazon but have had issues with fedex and ups delivering my stuff to the people down the street.

I will say that amazons tracking updates have been way off for about a month now.

Ddays

Hooked
Unfortunately I have been having issues as well. Been a prime member since 2011 and I've never had issues up until now.
It's so bad that I am even getting double shipments. I'm willing to bet they are hiring temps this time of year and they
are getting some scrubs working there now.

USPS is awful this time of year. :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom