Denzus Hood Latches

Dirt Foot

Hello everyone. I did lots of searching on here and didn't see anything about Denzus Hood Latches. Is anyone using these. I'd love another opinion before I get a set. I have also never seen these on any JK which makes me wonder why. They run about $117 plus shipping.

Attachments

• 1449190392777.jpg
    1449190392777.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 244
Aesthetically speaking they're ugly as fuck.

Mechanically speaking, looks like there's plenty of room for the nut to back off until it hits the safety pin. That looks to me like it would be plenty of room to allow for hood flutter - which I assume these things are supposed to eliminate.

For $117 bucks this adds up do plenty of nope for me.

toxicwaste29

They look terrible. I have the Drake off road ones on mine and have had them about three years now. No issues what so ever with em and if need be they have a lifetime warranty

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I also have bad hood flutter. Will these Drakes solve that as well?

Daystar makes some replacement poly pieces that work. If your interested in a hood lock, something like the tuffy hood lock stops the flutter. I have used both.

I also think the rugged ridge ones stop the flutter and look good.

You can also simply remove the spring and it is supposed to stop the flutter.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I also have bad hood flutter. Will these Drakes solve that as well?

Daystar sweet and cheap. Works awesome. FYI, when you buy on Amazon look at products that say used and from the Amazon fulfillment center with notes like package damaged and not product. You get a little more off. I have purchased several products like that and saved some $$$!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Removing your hood spring helps with good flutter too, it's cheap (free) and isn't FUGLY like those things.

Evil

Daystar makes some replacement poly pieces that work. If your interested in a hood lock, something like the tuffy hood lock stops the flutter. I have used both.

I also think the rugged ridge ones stop the flutter and look good.

You can also simply remove the spring and it is supposed to stop the flutter.

Confirmed on the RR ones.

IMG_0973.jpg

BCjku

I use the drakes with the locks. They are working great so far. I've had them about 6 months.

Dirt Foot

No more need to guess why I haven't seen any of these Denzus on any JK's. General consensus, "ugly as fuck" Thanks for all the info gentleman. Looks like some Drakes may be in my future.

Jeepers46

I took the hood spring off 4 months ago and have only had the hood flutter happen twice since...works great and its free.

LeighP

Another vote on the RR ones.......good and solid, not a hint of flutter anywhere. Nice over centre latch up action, very happy with mine.

Top Bottom