Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedline jeep pics

Bedline jeep pics

I'm thinking about bedlining the interior and exterior of my old CJ7. Please post pics of yours and tips. I've read the article posted here on WAL
    http://www.4x4xplor.com/herculiner.html about how to do it.

Any in white?
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

I bedlined my Cj7 with the Duplicolor Kit. It took a lot longer than expected and didn't come out as great as I thought. When you do it, make sure you mix the bedliner with a drill if you can for a good amount of time, I think my directions stated 20minutes but I failed to do so which caused it to come out crappy. Spray on looks a lot cleaner imo.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449362152.654753.jpg
    I plan to do it to my JK eventually but I will have it professionally done.

This is our 95 YJ... we used Monstaliner and it turned out great. Did it 3 years ago and still looks like new. No chips or such. Prep work is key.

YJ.jpg

Did Herculiner. Time consuming but easy. I think about a year ago. No issues so far. I used foam ear plugs to put in all the bolt holes to protect the threads. There's some pics in my build thread http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...Thread-1999-WJ. I think spray on is cleaner, but we're happy with the Herculiner.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peak View Post
    I bedlined my Cj7 with the Duplicolor Kit. It took a lot longer than expected and didn't come out as great as I thought. When you do it, make sure you mix the bedliner with a drill if you can for a good amount of time, I think my directions stated 20minutes but I failed to do so which caused it to come out crappy. Spray on looks a lot cleaner imo.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449362152.654753.jpg
    I plan to do it to my JK eventually but I will have it professionally done.
    Thanks Peak. I was thinking what you said might happen to me if I tried it.
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

Quote Originally Posted by jedg View Post
    This is our 95 YJ... we used Monstaliner and it turned out great. Did it 3 years ago and still looks like new. No chips or such. Prep work is key.

YJ.jpg
    jedg,
    That looks nice. How long did it take?
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Did Herculiner. Time consuming but easy. I think about a year ago. No issues so far. I used foam ear plugs to put in all the bolt holes to protect the threads. There's some pics in my build thread http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...Thread-1999-WJ. I think spray on is cleaner, but we're happy with the Herculiner.
    WJCO,
    Great tips. How much time did you spend prepping and applying the herculiner?
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cross View Post
    WJCO,
    Great tips. How much time did you spend prepping and applying the herculiner?
    I don't remember exactly, but I think about six hours. I used a palm sander for a lot of it with 220grit I think. then on the curves, just by hand. Then a lot of acetone on a rag. Each coat took about 30 minutes I think, 2 coats total. Has to dry between coats. I did it in the summer. I think I allowed and hour between coats but don't remember for sure. I found it easier to brush it on rather than roll it on. The chemical smell was in there for about 2-3 weeks, fyi.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449411147.833623.jpg

This stuff is supposed to be good. If you get the right kit it comes with the gun and you spray it on. I have zero experience with it though.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I don't remember exactly, but I think about six hours. I used a palm sander for a lot of it with 220grit I think. then on the curves, just by hand. Then a lot of acetone on a rag. Each coat took about 30 minutes I think, 2 coats total. Has to dry between coats. I did it in the summer. I think I allowed and hour between coats but don't remember for sure. I found it easier to brush it on rather than roll it on. The chemical smell was in there for about 2-3 weeks, fyi.
    That helps me a lot. Just trying to decide if it is worth it to do or pay someone else.
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast