Transmission cooler leak

rogerk93

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449343263.256643.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449343281.975665.jpg
It seems very clear I have a aftermarket transmission cooler leak from the hose where fluid enters the cooler. But I driven it got the temp pretty high and checked and it doesn't seem to be leaking moved the hose around and nothing. The clamp is tight I'm not sure if it is the hose fitting.

ScoobyCarolanNC

The hose possibly has a hole or split under the clamp there too. You might need to drain it, cut the hose back, refit & refill it.

jeeeep

Hooked
from the looks of the picture it looks like it's spraying under pressure. I would get someone to sit in the driver's seat, foot on the brake and put it in drive while you look at the cooler. you'll be able to see where it's spraying out. it may be the hose but it may be a crack in the connector to the cooling fins

rogerk93

I cut the hose about an inch and tightened the clamp back up. I'll do that once I can get someone to sit in the seat that's a lot of work to ask from anyone

WJCO

Meme King
from the looks of the picture it looks like it's spraying under pressure. I would get someone to sit in the driver's seat, foot on the brake and put it in drive while you look at the cooler. you'll be able to see where it's spraying out. it may be the hose but it may be a crack in the connector to the cooling fins

This sounds like a good idea in theory, but make sure you really trust the person in the driver's seat while they are power-braking it with you in front of the Jeep, and chock the wheels too....I work with technicians every day that I would not let perform that task while I inspected the leak. :D

Top Bottom