Page 140 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2014

Thread: GraniteCrystal build thread

That is freakin awesome. Great idea.
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Nice idea! That is my absolute favoritest drink ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Took Scout into Trail Jeeps this morning for the follow up diff oil change after 750 miles. All looked good. Oil was greenish and shiny. No metal chunks.

Also had them flex it out for the first time with 37s on there to check pinch seam, brake lines, fender rub, and sway bar. Everything passed with flying colors. I'm going to trim about 1/2" off the rear corner of the pinch seams in the rear wheel wells just to be safe, but nothing rubbed.

IMG_20170320_092459.jpg

IMG_20170320_092228.jpg

IMG_20170320_092214.jpg

IMG_20170320_092449.jpg

Stuffing up into the fenders. No rub with those lines I chose 👍
    IMG_20170320_092557.jpg

IMG_20170320_092414.jpg

Sway bar not over rotated (sway bar still connected but it not going to droop significantly more such that it'd be close to over rotating)
    IMG_20170320_092552.jpg

Doing more research on a new front bumper. I think I've narrowed it down to these two. I'm noticing lots of similarities between the different options (the new LoD is very similar to existing Crawler Conceptz and Poison Spyder bumpers), but each of these had something unique going for it the others didn't.

Option 1: LoD Destroyer Series - $687
    Pros: same line as my Destroyer rear series bumper
    http://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/...er-shorty.html
    lod_bumper.JPG

Option 2: Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series - $750
    Pros: recessed winch
    http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.php...-bar-tabs.html
    cc_bumper.JPG

Thoughts?
    Last edited by GraniteCrystal; 03-20-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Personally I like the recessed winch better, but one detail to ask either company: Do you have to remove the winch in order to remove the grille?
    With my FMF Apex I have to take the winch out first. I really like the bumper but having to do this first is a pain in the ass. Looks like possibly the CC
    version is the same way? Worth asking.

Edit: Talking specifically about the Warn Zeon series. Can't speak towards any other make or models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Personally I like the recessed winch better, but one detail to ask either company: Do you have to remove the winch in order to remove the grille?
    With my FMF Apex I have to take the winch out first. I really like the bumper but having to do this first is a pain in the ass. Looks like possibly the CC
    version is the same way? Worth asking.
    You have to remove the winch to remove the grille? How did they even make it like that? Sounds like a big pain the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    You have to remove the winch to remove the grille? How did they even make it like that? Sounds like a big pain the butt.
    It's because the winch is so far back in the bumper you can't pull the grille forward enough to get it loose. The winch almost touches the grill. I suppose if you don't care about paint you could work it loose but
    its easier to just take the damn thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    It's because the winch is so far back in the bumper you can't pull the grille forward enough to get it loose. The winch almost touches the grill. I suppose if you don't care about paint you could work it loose but
    its easier to just take the damn thing out.
    I called. They haven't tried but didn't think it'd pose an issue. Not quite sure what to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here's a couple pics to show how close it is. It's almost touching the winch but not quite. The problem is that you can't easily pop the bottom pins that hold the bottom of the grille out.

0320172049b.jpg

0320172049.jpg

Page 140 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast