Need to borrow a colorado driveway

croge17

My wife and I are wanting to make a southwest colorado and south east utah trip with the jeep next summer. I was planning to tow the jeep to the Denver area, unload and take the jeep to explore the high passes in Colorado and venture over to MOAB.

Only hang up is I need somewhere to park the F250 and 36ft goose neck trailer for 8 days while we go exploring. Any volunteers?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a fun trip and wish I could accommodate, BUT I am in the process of moving out there from NC myself.

JAGS

Hooked
I'd find a cheap storage locker business and have it be somewhat secure. [emoji106]

Petzl88

Why don't you just call a business that stores camper trailers? There are plenty around that have fences with locked gates.

Hot94Z28

I agree with the other ones here on a storage area with a locked fence would be my first choice.

croge17

Hadnt considered a storage place... Ill line that up.

Decided to tow because I can tow the JK with more power and get better mileage than just driving the JK

croge17

We called a few hotels none were to keen on leaving it in thier back lot.

Was hoping I might find someone who lived out or a city who had some land to park on. If not the storage places will have to do.

Can someone recomend a nice neighborhood in denver area to start searching a storage lot up?

WJCO

Meme King
We called a few hotels none were to keen on leaving it in thier back lot.

Was hoping I might find someone who lived out or a city who had some land to park on. If not the storage places will have to do.

Can someone recomend a nice neighborhood in denver area to start searching a storage lot up?

Ken Caryl area is nice and right near the mountains.

croge17

I guess the next question is who wants to go wheeling when we get there... I know I want to run some of the iconic passes, Black Bear and Imogene, I would love to run Holy Cross as well. Im planning now for end of march or beginning of April.

croge17

would we bw better to move our trip into august? We are trying to avoid the hottest parts of the year.

WJCO

Meme King
would we bw better to move our trip into august? We are trying to avoid the hottest parts of the year.

August is hotter but better luck with trails. Especially water crossings. Last week in June or 1st week in July is usually highest water flow around here when snow is still melting. Some trails don't even open till mid-July on years with high snow fall.

Top Bottom