2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Project

NHarris

Well yesterday I picked up a WJ Grand Cherokee. Got a pretty good deal on it as they are replacing the rear main seal and windshield in the deal. Its a one owner, 93k miles, has the original window sticker, and is in very good shape overall. It has all service paperwork in the glove box so I know it was taken care of, and appears to have been in the garage its whole life as nothing seems to be weathered.
Here's some pics:

528217_407204506025909_2120636146_n_zpsb5207da2.jpg

wj1_zpsa1e2c7e9.jpg

wj2_zpsfcf6e63d.jpg

And because its a Jeep, there's gotta be this shot here:
wj3_zpsc1c7d9e6.jpg

I have some plans for it. It's getting some wayalife decals first, then at least a 2.5" coil lift, preferably a 4" lift. Then from there its a mystery what I'll do.

Last edited:

NHarris

Lift kit first. I traded in a built explorer for this and i can't stand how low it sits. Probably will get some headlights, winch bumper, spare tire carrier, yakima load warrior, and other things. I haven't thought it out too much. :)

NHarris

Thanks guys! This is the first Jeep that I'm actually going to build. I've been building Explorers for my last few rigs, so this will be a whole new challenge. Looking forward to the suggestions and help.

Dustless

Thanks guys! This is the first Jeep that I'm actually going to build. I've been building Explorers for my last few rigs, so this will be a whole new challenge. Looking forward to the suggestions and help.

Nice a fellow Utah jeep owner! sweet:rock: I may not know alot as this is all new to me as well as i got my first jeep back in March this year but i would love to help out anyway i can, even if its just helping out with the build and holding a light or handing you tools lol:cheesy:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Nice WJ btw, the after market is just starting to get into building parts for these. I think since bushwacker started making flares you'll see more support soon

NHarris

Nice a fellow Utah jeep owner! sweet:rock: I may not know alot as this is all new to me as well as i got my first jeep back in March this year but i would love to help out anyway i can, even if its just helping out with the build and holding a light or handing you tools lol:cheesy:

Any help will be appreciated! We'll have to hit some trails up once I at least get a lift kit on this.

Nice WJ btw, the after market is just starting to get into building parts for these. I think since bushwacker started making flares you'll see more support soon

I would love a set of those flares, but the price they want is a bit too much....

Dustless

Sounds great to me! Hit me up anytime, I work days for lifetime mon-fri but we are picking up so i might be doing saturdays as well.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Any help will be appreciated! We'll have to hit some trails up once I at least get a lift kit on this.

I would love a set of those flares, but the price they want is a bit too much....

Atleast they are designed and made in the USA

Graywolf

Looks good, just picked one up for the wife last month. Same model,color and mileage. Has the 4.7, leather,power seats, 6 cd changer and a bunch of other cool stuff. The only thing I'v done to it is a set of deep dish floor mats, front,back and cargo. Living in West Central Mountains of Idaho, you pretty much need them to save your interior. As you well know in Utah.

NHarris

Stopped by Fat Bob's Garage here in Ogden and they got me hooked up with a 2.5" lift with shocks. Got some Falken Wildpeaks on order; 265/70/16
66711_409046872508339_1065244383_n_zpsdfba5cf6.jpg

ssh6314

Welcome to the WJ world. Your in for some fun. I love my JK, but that V8 is well missed. nothing like wheeling witha v8, heated leather seats, and quadradrive.

Top Bottom