Progrip question

steep-n-deep

Hello,

I am seriously considering the pro grip brake system, My question is I have M/T baja classic 17" wheels with 4.5" of backspacing. Will the system work with these wheels? I've read on dynatracs website review that it doesn't fit but who knows who wrote that review. So If I can get a definite answer that it will work I'll get the system.

Thanks!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello,

I am seriously considering the pro grip brake system, My question is I have M/T baja classic 17" wheels with 4.5" of backspacing. Will the system work with these wheels? I've read on dynatracs website review that it doesn't fit but who knows who wrote that review. So If I can get a definite answer that it will work I'll get the system.

Thanks!

From what I know the progrip 1 will fit with a 17" wheel. The new progrip 2, which they released at sema, needs an 18" wheel to work.

jeeeep

Hooked
It's not the backspace that's an issue, it's the inside diameter clearance.
some wheels measure 17" at the outer lip but then the center section is thicker and there is not enough clearance for the brakes to fit. I had this issue with my Falken wheels, outside lip 17, about 2" in it dropped to under 17.

steep-n-deep

It's not the backspace that's an issue, it's the inside diameter clearance.
some wheels measure 17" at the outer lip but then the center section is thicker and there is not enough clearance for the brakes to fit. I had this issue with my Falken wheels, outside lip 17, about 2" in it dropped to under 17.

Thanks for the info I'll check mine out

So far, we are not aware of any 17" wheels that the ProGrip kit will not fit. If anyone finds an issue, please advise us so we can save other customers from the hassle of learning the hard way.

The new ProGrip2 kit has not been finalized or released, but may require 18" wheels. There is no firm date for ProGrip2 release yet. Keep y'all posted.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
So far, we are not aware of any 17" wheels that the ProGrip kit will not fit. If anyone finds an issue, please advise us so we can save other customers from the hassle of learning the hard way.

The new ProGrip2 kit has not been finalized or released, but may require 18" wheels. There is no firm date for ProGrip2 release yet. Keep y'all posted.

Wil, the ProGrip be available for TJs any time in the future. I notice the advertising for them is strictly JK.

Top Bottom