Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to Install U-Joints w/ Full Circle Clips onto a Chromoly Front Axle Shaft + VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Got them all assembled. Used a c-clamp, vise, and sockets. No access to a press. It worked pretty well. Now I'm all set to do ball joints and gussets this weekend.

Attachment 320536

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Very cool... You’ll have some good peace of mind after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Very cool... You’ll have some good peace of mind after this weekend.
    Yes I will. It'll be about as built as a stock axle should be built. After our new house mods we'll see if a PR44 is in the forecast. If not it'll just be a regear when I go 37's in the coming months.

Got them all assembled. Used a c-clamp, vise, and sockets. No access to a press. It worked pretty well. Now I'm all set to do ball joints and gussets this weekend.
    Awesome! Hope our video was helpful to you

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome! Hope our video was helpful to you
    Yes very helpful as was the installation of the new axle shafts. Going to be getting on the front end in a couple hours. Have to go get a ball joint press first.

Yes very helpful as was the installation of the new axle shafts. Going to be getting on the front end in a couple hours. Have to go get a ball joint press first.

If you don't already know, you can rent one from Autozone for free. Just make sure you get the Chrysler/Jeep adapter set too.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If you don't already know, you can rent one from Autozone for free. Just make sure you get the Chrysler/Jeep adapter set too.
    Yeah I called but they were all out. I'm going to try oreilly's and see how it works.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345