Wheel Spacer

Irish Pirate

I have the Metal Cloak Arch Fenders. The company claims that there is so much room you can run 35" tires on stock suspension or 37" tires with a 3 inch lift. Speaking of, I have a 4 inch lift. I'll be adding on 35 (or 37) x12.5 tires. And running a standard backspace 15x8 wheel, what I have on now.

Size and clearance are not really an issue. I don't think it will be anyway. Bolt pattern really isn't an issue. So do I really need wheel spacers. Probably not. I know there are those out there that would argue that if you don't need it then why bother, it's just another part to break.

I just want them. It's will push the wheels out just a hair. I like the look. And a little extra clearance is never a bad thing.

Here is my question... Let's talk pros and cons of doing this.

If it's really a bad idea to put these on just for looks please speak up. Obviously a con would be the added stress and snapping something. But anything can break when stressed.

What can I expect in performance. I assume it will affect the turning radius a little? What will I notice driving down the street? Or will I even notice any difference?

Does anyone know if Arizona has a particular law against wheel spacers?

Top Bottom