Direct Fit LED Fog Lights for JK's - OEM Replacements to Match Truck-Lite headlights

TJeep_1999

I’m replacing my stock headlights for the new truck-lites. I was thinking that I would also replace the factory fog lights at the same time. I’ve found a ton of posts on the headlights, but not a lot about the fogs. One thing I quickly realized was that the fogs cost almost as much as the headlights! I’m hoping someone here can help me with the below questions:
1. Anyone have luck changing out just the bulbs to better match the LED headlights?
2. Do I have to worry about the flicker issue with the fogs? If so does anyone make an adaptor?
3. Any recommendations on fog light brands/models that would fit into the stock bumper holes/mounts?
Thank you in advance!

Jern26

Quadratec makes some led replacement fogs. I think they come with anti flicker pigtails but not 100% sure. But they're $180 a pair

RockyJk

I got some from LEDs4less they are JW knockoffs but work good and are pretty bright, should work on stock bumpers
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450199607.291909.jpg

JeepJeep75

I have Trucklites also and wanted my dogs to match. I replaced just the bulbs with LED's from JDM ASTAR as well. Color temp is a perfect match. However, the fogs do flicker on my '15. It's not noticeable at all until the lights are hitting my garage door. The LED fogs look really, really nice. But as far as performance, they just spray light everywhere, which is perfect for my mall-crawling needs. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji111]️[emoji112]

hlax2525

I just picked up a kit from inspired engineering for factory fog light replacements as LEDS. They came with a factory plug and play harness and from what Ive seen they are really bright. Also come from an american company, and have a great price point at just over $200.

jeeeep

Hooked
I did the same thing, $20+ well spent

what LED's did you order form where? I tried the same thing and the LED's I bought did not fit the plug or the fog lamps properly even though they were supposedly made as a replacement.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I just picked up a kit from inspired engineering for factory fog light replacements as LEDS. They came with a factory plug and play harness and from what Ive seen they are really bright. Also come from an american company, and have a great price point at just over $200.

Which one did you get? The CUBE kit with OEM replacement fog light mounts? how are they working for you?

mds22

what LED's did you order form where? I tried the same thing and the LED's I bought did not fit the plug or the fog lamps properly even though they were supposedly made as a replacement.

Amazon, I'll get the actual part number/link. I have it written down somewhere

Renzo1200

Quadratec plug and play FTW. Bulb replacements never fit correctly or will burn out in a year. Skip the knock offs as well, not worth the short term savings.

wackamole

The flicker is just something we have to deal with on the newer electrical systems.. I put in truck-lite headlights and then installed the Baja Designs Squadron pros as fog lights.. You're going to need an anti-flicker module. When I get home, I'm going to move my BD's to my A pillars and install JW Speaker 6145 J's for fogs. They have a built in anti-flicker module, so you shouldn't have to worry. But they also come with the JW price.. roughly 360USD from Quadratec.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_814X_PG.htm

phi502

I have these same bulbs in my fog lights. I have been pretty pleased with them for the price. They definetly have a more white to slightly bluish color to them. They also seem to be a quite a bit brighter than stock.

If you go this route, I would put a little bit of lubricant on the o-ring. They fit very tight in the housing. I was unable to get them to snap in fully. I had some multi-purpose marine lubricant in the garage. I put some on there and they snapped in much easier.

phi502

Not the best picture, but it gives you an idea vs. the stock headlight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom