Ultimate Dana 44

jorgelrod

Hooked
I haven't seen anybody post about this, just saw this looking at something else, went to the site and read the brochure. They don't talk about tube size, just about tube thickness which makes me think that it is basically a standard JK front D44 with thinker 2" tubes and chromoly shafts which is nice. The price not so much, I think it's about the same as a PR44 which kinda defeats the purpose of Dana building these since their UD60s are priced below PR60's and would make sense for them to do the same here...

http://spicerparts.com/products/axle/automotive/ultimate-44

Christarp

After briefly looking over the features it looks like it's fairly far behind the PR44. Those axle C's don't look like they've been redesigned much at all. If the price is similar to the PR44 it's not looking too good to me :/

jorgelrod

Hooked
After briefly looking over the features it looks like it's fairly far behind the PR44. Those axle C's don't look like they've been redesigned much at all. If the price is similar to the PR44 it's not looking too good to me :/

That's what I'm saying, I don't know where they got the idea that someone would pay $3,800 for this thing (price on a web dealer) if it's nowhere close to a PR44

JTPhoto JK

The spicer unit is the same unit as the Mopar Performance D44HD J8. The housing can be purchased from Mopar around $900.

Eezybreezy08

Ok yea this is junk. If my broke ass is gonna spend $3700 on a 44 up grade then I will just go ahead and spend a couple hundred more for the pr 44

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
$900??? in what alternate universe, Regular JK Crate 44's have a list price of around $2,500

The $900 just the housing. After the internals, knuckles, ball joints and labor to put it all together it comes out to about $2500.

jorgelrod

Hooked
The $900 just the housing. After the internals, knuckles, ball joints and labor to put it all together it comes out to about $2500.

Exactly, I just posted the same thing on another thread where he mentioned the $900 and pointed to a site. At that price, it really does not compete with other options in the market at maybe 1K more

JTPhoto JK

wish i could find these great deals guys as i noted before i can not find these deals that you speak of. Bare Core44 housings sell for $1900 PRs sell for $2700.. Please point me to these great deals.. I would love to have a PR44 but by the time i get a dressed PR44 up here its close to 7K..

Heholua

wish i could find these great deals guys as i noted before i can not find these deals that you speak of. Bare Core44 housings sell for $1900 PRs sell for $2700.. Please point me to these great deals.. I would love to have a PR44 but by the time i get a dressed PR44 up here its close to 7K..

You must not be searching the right sites. A PR44 housing starts around $2200 and all dressed up for $4950-$5100.
Call Trail Jeeps or Off Road Evolution and get a price.

Last edited:

Sithwindu

You must not be searching the right sites. A PR44 housing starts around $2200 and all dressed up for $4950-$5100.
Call Trail Jeeps or Off Road Evolution and get a price.

He's in Canada, and I think it cost more to get it over there tho. But I could be wrong lol

Is still grab a pr44

Top Bottom