Heated Seats

james2003w

Looking at installing heated seats in my Un-Rubi, as the Stealership failed to give me that feature when I asked for it (they did give me the premium alpine audio for free)... They said they would correct it but it would be an aftermarket kit (which I'm not happy about).

I have the part numbers for the switch pod, heating elements, and a power module. Does anyone know if I need to change the wiring harness inside the vehicle or should it all be plug and play? I'm thinking I need some kind of connector/wiring from the seat to the console and having issues finding the part number.

FYI:
I have looked at the aftermarket sector for this feature and I'd be willing to do this, I just want the factory switches/function (turn the key to "off", then back "on" and the heating elements remain off). I have seen the aftermarket switches, just would prefer the factory look/switch pod. I like the OEM look for some things.

james2003w

Not quite sure but drop by the "give us a wave" section and post up some pictures of your jeep

Although my company plays in the clouds, they have blocked all access to cloud drives (Google Drive, Skydrive, etc). I'll post some things when I get home.

jeeeep

Hooked
I think it should be plug and play. check under the seats, I don't have them in my 2010 but the wiring is already in place.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I would like to know if you can it to work factory style myself. I would prefer that method, depending on cost.

I wonder if it needs to be added to the jeep computer via starscan for it to work. Like adding a backup camera to the factory radio.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Post up the part numbers please. I wanted this feature too, but didn't get it either. I had a different issue though.

Flynlo

Did you order your JK from the dealership or did they have to locate one for you? If your Chrysler build sheet says your Jeep should have heated seats and it didn't come with it, the dealership would be responsible for getting you the Jeep you want (i.e. installing the factory heated seat option, which CAN be done by a competent dealer).

james2003w

I would like to know if you can it to work factory style myself. I would prefer that method, depending on cost.
I wonder if it needs to be added to the jeep computer via starscan for it to work. Like adding a backup camera to the factory radio.
Post up the part numbers please. I wanted this feature too, but didn't get it either. I had a different issue though.

That was going to be another question I had, but figured I wanted to plug it all in first and if it doesn't work then go talk to the Stealership.
I have also done the backup camera (the one on youtube with the $10 camera in the bumper), whole get up ran me $187 ($150 for the feature enabled, and the rest is the camera, wiring harness)

As for the part numbers; I'm not sure if this is EVERYTHING, but it's what I have found so far...
Left Seat:
55057301AA Heated Seat - Element - Left $78.04
55057293AA Heated Seat - Element - Left $78.23

Right Seat:
55057294AA Heated Seat - Element - Right $78.04
55057300AA Heated Seat - Element - Right $78.23

Module & Switch - This 5Gang is for Automatics with the Hill Descent feature. Couldn't find the one without it (I have a manual)
68138715AA Module. Heated Seat $34.62
56054278AA Switch 5 Gang (ESP, 115V, Heat, Hill Descent) $45.51

Total amount with parts listed is $392.67 - If it is possible to get an aftermarket kit and use use the factory switches (as it may be a cheaper route) I'd be game. but I want the OEM look... Also if I were to ever trade/sell it, because of the OEM look it could be classified factory and raise the value of the vehicle.

Did you order your JK from the dealership or did they have to locate one for you? If your Chrysler build sheet says your Jeep should have heated seats and it didn't come with it, the dealership would be responsible for getting you the Jeep you want (i.e. installing the factory heated seat option, which CAN be done by a competent dealer).

I went in, sales person walked up to me asked if he could help. Told him without hesitation: Never been driven 2015 Rubicon Unlimited, Hydro Blue, 'the black hard top', Manual, Cloth Heated Seats, Navigation, Connectivity Pack, Max Tow... got everything but the Heated Seats. They found one, and he just "selective hearing" on the heated seat bit. I'm willing to pay the price for OEM, install it myself and everything. -- Had I known about the Hard Rock edition, I would have picked that up instead to have the steel bumpers...Thought those were only on 10a, and I couldn't justify a 10a price tag.

Flynlo

Oh okay, so the dealership is not at fault.

The OEM install is fairly straight forward and the internal wiring should all be there. Install the OEM gear, insert the fuse in the fuse block and you SHOULD be good to go.

james2003w

Oh okay, so the dealership is not at fault.
The OEM install is fairly straight forward and the internal wiring should all be there. Install the OEM gear, insert the fuse in the fuse block and you SHOULD be good to go.

It's questionable thought, because they have to ask me my vin number as I have two 2015 Rubicons registered to me in their system. They sold me one... but never communicated to the other dealership that it was sold. And come to find out it was a heavily modified (lift, winch, bumpers, etc) already on it. I still have the paperwork for it someplace and now I'm wondering if it had heated seats... Anyway Dealer screwed up by not communicating, and the other dealer screwed up by not listing the mods on it. So they sold me a different one.

Again, I'm not too terribly upset by it. It is something that can be fixed. Now if I had asked for a manual and received an automatic, I would have been extremely upset.

Flynlo

Its' good not to be upset because it's a relatively easy fix, but as the customer it is your responsibility to make sure the Jeep is exactly what you want before you sign for it. From your first post you made it sound like it was the dealerships fault.

james2003w

Its' good not to be upset because it's a relatively easy fix, but as the customer it is your responsibility to make sure the Jeep is exactly what you want before you sign for it. From your first post you made it sound like it was the dealerships fault.

I see where that can be taken. Honestly it is most likely both our faults. I did clearly ask for it, and it was on the first Rubicon I signed for (found the paperwork). I just went to use them shortly after getting the Jeep and was like "oh, well... to the stealership!" It's coo though. I will see about getting the OEM parts and doing a write up or something.

Flynlo

Absolutely do a write up. I picked up heated pads from Amazon and got some switches from OTRTTW and will have it as part of my build thread. It would be great to see how to do an OEM install.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I installed heated seats with non-oem switches in my buddy's jeep. Look through the building of meanst thread if you want to see some pics.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I'm ok with the aftermarket heated seats, but would prefer the oem switches. Just a cleaner look.

This is one of those "when i get a round to it" projects for me.

I was sure enjoying heated seats in our car today though.

james2003w

Absolutely do a write up. I picked up heated pads from Amazon and got some switches from OTRTTW and will have it as part of my build thread. It would be great to see how to do an OEM install.

I'm ok with the aftermarket heated seats, but would prefer the oem switches. Just a cleaner look.
This is one of those "when i get a round to it" projects for me.
I was sure enjoying heated seats in our car today though.

Flynlo; I fly out to Indiana next month, and just pissed away the money I was saving for this project (the trip is more important). I need to double check with the Stealership to ensure I'm not missing any parts from my previously posted list. Once I have the money saved up again, you got it. It's a project I'm honestly looking forward to doing.

RMC2; I'm jealous of your heated seats! However, I have that 'attitude' of do it right the first time or don't do it at all. I'm going to attempt this project and I am going to do my damnedest to show that yes OEM can be done after purchase (we all know it can, just no one has posted about doing it). -- Granted I need to re-do my backup camera wiring, had an emergency when I was doing the routing of the wiring so it looks like a 3 year old doodled the wire all over the place.

For Everyone else that is following/interested; I'll do the writeup/photos/etc. and post the part numbers and everything. Just hoping I don't have to replace the wiring harness as that will be the most difficult part.

Pazitive44

I installed the Amazon heated seats last winter ...$59..
I put switches under radio ..everyone thinks it's Factory .. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450744892.478285.jpg

Top Bottom