Anyone running 42's????

5280Sapper

Hey guys did some searching and still trying to narrow down my decisions from as much knowledge as I can... Looking to run 42's and was considering SS Irok radials or PB Rocker radials.. will be on a set of new Jeep Dana 60's with 5.38's any experience will be nice to know of.. I don't really care about life if I get 2 seasons out of them I'd be happy but not required..

rubicrawl

I can't remember who it was but they had 42's and he was trying to get rid of them and go with 40's he said just too big

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have two friends running 42s on jks, both pb rockers. They are very large for sure but also work well for their use. All depends on how you wheel I guess.

5280Sapper

I have two friends running 42s on jks, both pb rockers. They are very large for sure but also work well for their use. All depends on how you wheel I guess.

I guess I wheel like anyone else! Tires are relative a good driver can do almost anything with smaller ya know what I mean..? I just like big tires!!! But curious if they look good and perform decent on the jku platform ?

5280Sapper

Id say yes they do. If you want low cog not much uptravel. Require some serious trimming

That's what I wanted to hear.. I'm not sure if I'd wanna cut the body up for 2" of tire ya know! I have no problem Welding to a frame and stuff but I'm weird I like the unmolested look of a traditional jeep body

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You are cutting the body for 40s too just so you know. 37s require some minor trimming. 40s require moderate or major depending how low you want to keep it

rinkishjk

Here is 43's on a 2dr. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1450527781825.jpg
    1450527781825.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 332
  • 1450527819577.jpg
    1450527819577.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 332

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys did some searching and still trying to narrow down my decisions from as much knowledge as I can... Looking to run 42's and was considering SS Irok radials or PB Rocker radials.. will be on a set of new Jeep Dana 60's with 5.38's any experience will be nice to know of.. I don't really care about life if I get 2 seasons out of them I'd be happy but not required..

Mel from Off Road Evolution used to run 42's but it was short lived and has only been running 40's since. We've considered running them a long time ago but have yet to see a need for them but then, we're just mall crawlers so, you can take that for what it's worth.

5280Sapper

Thanks for the replies fellas!! And I know your not mall crawlers!!! I've seen the videos!! That's why we decided to get one I wanna do the jk experience one day!

Top Bottom