"Premium Black Sunrider® Soft Top" Question

Bosunmate

I'm thinking of ordering a new Rubicon 2 door this spring. One of the options show a "Premium Black Sunrider® Soft Top". My 2012 Sport has the Sunrider top so I understand how the top works. It is the difference in the fabric that I'm not sure about. How much better is it for an additional $500? Anyone have experienced with both?

Jknewbi

It's more cloth top like. Supposed to be more durable. I like mine, it was tuff to stretch first time but I like it.

JAGS

Hooked
It's a lot better. JeepFan on here has owned both. Ended up buying the premium for his '09.

I have the premium for my 2012. Love it. Found it "new in box" on Craigslist for a steal. You could always go that route. And then sell the regular top if u find a premium. ???

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
It's a lot better. JeepFan on here has owned both. Ended up buying the premium for his '09.

I have the premium for my 2012. Love it. Found it "new in box" on Craigslist for a steal. You could always go that route. And then sell the regular top if u find a premium. ???

I had a premium on my 2 door and now have a regular sunrider on my 4 door. The structure framing is different too. The premium is a lot nicer

JAGS

Hooked
I had a premium on my 2 door and now have a regular sunrider on my 4 door. The structure framing is different too. The premium is a lot nicer

Interesting. Didn't know that about the framing. Thanks for sharing that. [emoji106]

CastleRockJeep

Wow that's news to me. I got very lucky when I bought mine from Craigslist. Like new $200. Turned out to be premium, at the time I didn't even know there where two versions.

scull20

Also note that the standard vinyl top is more of a grey color, where the premium top is darker, more of a black color.

Coolhand129

The fabric is totally different. It's very heavy, very black, and quiet for a soft too. I only have this top on my 2014 JKU Rubicon. Similar to BMW convertible top material.

uberc4

I really like mine. It is a thicker material. The top is a lot quieter and looks better IMO. It does take a little bit for it to loosen up though.

Top Bottom