Kanati trail hog or Goodyear duratracs?

mjmck

Looking to buy 35's for out 07 JK.

I really want Duratracs, but they are $1,100 for a 34" metric. Found some reviews that look good on Kanati trail hogs. I need an aggressive tire that also performs well in winter as its my finances ride. I can get the Kanati in 35's for $899.

We recently installed a BB 2.5" lift.

Anybody on The board have kanatis ? Looking to tread wear and snow performance.

Thanks!

Jern26

If I was gunna spend 900 on something questionable, what's another $100 for something you know is good? but that's just me. I'm slightly biased also lol

mjmck

That is true,

The thing leading me to questioning this decision is that I also heard the sidewalks of the Duratracs are weak, the ply of the Kanati is actually better, and load range E rated.

WJCO

Meme King
That is true,

The thing leading me to questioning this decision is that I also heard the sidewalks of the Duratracs are weak, the ply of the Kanati is actually better, and load range E rated.

I'm getting Duratracs as soon as my MTs wear out (very soon). I have heard awesome things about Duratracs in the snow around here as well as trail performance. I've talked to enough people that I'm sold on them. Also, I think you meant sidewalls not sidewalks.

Jern26

Is that the price for four or five, because it is a sin to only buy four if you own a jeep.

^^^this.

And I don't know about the sidewall, I haven't even put a mark in mine yet, and I've side scraped alot of rocks and roots. Air down before the trailhead or just keep an eye on where your tires are/might end up, you'll be fine.

Bfg km2's are always bashed for having a weak sidewall, but there's piles of people wheeling them without issues.

Petzl88

I haven't had any issues with my Duratracs. It would be nice to have a stronger sidewall, but I haven't had any problems wheeling sharp rock trails in Colorado. I will be getting another set of Duratracs when my current set wear out.

If I damage a sidewall, I will take it back to Discount Tire and get it replaced. They are awesome in the snow too!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I really like the duratracs. My stepdad has them on his xterra and they do really well off road and wear really well on road. Also for the winters we can get here in PA they perform great! If they made them in a 37 I would consider getting them for my jeep as my next tire.

kyle521

Im on my second set of duratracs, first 33s now the 315s, theyre amazing in the snow, work well in trails, only downside is they arent the best in deep mud. On my last set I had some cuts in almost each side wall but nothing was too deep and they all held air perfectly fine. I have the warranty on my new ones

Wethy

I really like the duratracs. My stepdad has them on his xterra and they do really well off road and wear really well on road. Also for the winters we can get here in PA they perform great! If they made them in a 37 I would consider getting them for my jeep as my next tire.

You'd give up the mud graps for duratracs??? Lol that's saying something Iirc Cozdude lives by his mud graps ha ha

Love my Duratracs! I'm on my second set. Sold my last set (stock size) and stepped up to 315s. I love em! Quiet on-road. Plenty of siping for wet/winter weather. Aggressive enough to do everything I want them to do. And they look pretty good too- bonus!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450653479.206356.jpg

DemCoconuts

I punctured a P rated Duratrac in 2500km, sidewall blowout. Stay away from these ones. (Came on the Jeep). Will not buy again.

I have played bumper rocks with LT Duratracs on the truck. Cut the sidewall a little, but still functional. Replaced for peace of mind. Will buy again.

I won't run them for serious off roading, but there are a lot of people who do. Excellent year round traction in all condition that I've encountered.

Quick edit: my opinion on traction is from 40 000km of AB/BC/YT (Canada) summer and winter driving in all conditions (snow, rain, mountains, etc). Others experience may vary.

Last edited:

RjSkippy

I'm running 33" Duratrac's and have loved them so far. I don't have a good snow test yet because the weather hasn't cooperated but they performed well off-road. I did a lot of research and I'm glad I decided to go with them, I feel they have been worth the money. :twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You'd give up the mud graps for duratracs??? Lol that's saying something Iirc Cozdude lives by his mud graps ha ha

Lol never said I would give up my lovely mud grapps just said I would consider the duratracs.

Wethy

Lol never said I would give up my lovely mud grapps just said I would consider the duratracs.

Ha ha that's fair! I would love to get a set of nittos but I couldn't justify the 500/per tire on a set of 33 trail graps up here so I went with the duratracs and they definitely are a great all around tire!

I know Bryce from Dixie 4 Wheel drive(seen in the 2013 jkx) he runs Kanati Tires on his jeep and they run Moab all the time! Hope this helps!

keno4x4

Running the 315 Duratracts with no problems. Ran them on a trail with sharp rocks that 4 other Jeeps cut the side walls on non-Duratracts. Minimal snow use, 3 days over last 2 years, but on road the best tire I have tried.

I know Bryce from Dixie 4 Wheel drive(seen in the 2013 jkx) he runs Kanati Tires on his jeep and they run Moab all the time! Hope this helps!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

Top Bottom