Question: Paint doors or not to paint

Nicalife

I just got a set of full doors to my half door jeeps. Now I am set for all seasons. However, I can't make a decisions whether I should paint the doors to match the jeep or leave them black.

What do you think? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450666648.267022.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450666662.004489.jpg

FastZach

My dad just bought half doors and he got them wrapped with vinyl. Looks really good and was about a quarter of the cost.

WJCO

Meme King
Paint them. You can even use a bed-liner or textured paint. If that were mine, I'd do paint to match.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Get it factory color matched. IMO they look stupid black. If it was a black grill on the other hand then I would say leave it.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i say pain the or wrap them to color match. it will make for a cleaner looking rig. :thumb: oh and if you ever want to get rid of the half doors i will take them off your hands!

Last edited:

FastZach

Any information that you can share about the wrapping idea? I have never heard of it. Thanks!

The place that did ours did a great job. The half doors were black and they wrapped them white. They even did the door hinges. It's not a perfect match but most wouldn't be able to tell. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450729441.708352.jpg

We were quoted $1700 to paint them and that's mainly labor to take off all of the plastic and moldings. We paid $500 for the wrap. I would think since silver is a very common color that it wouldn't be that difficult to find a close match.

Nicalife

The place that did ours did a great job. The half doors were black and they wrapped them white. They even did the door hinges. It's not a perfect match but most wouldn't be able to tell. View attachment 178912

We were quoted $1700 to paint them and that's mainly labor to take off all of the plastic and moldings. We paid $500 for the wrap. I would think since silver is a very common color that it wouldn't be that difficult to find a close match.

Thank you!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would paint or wrap them. I paid 500 for paint for my half doors, but I stripped them down and took them over with only the hinges on. I can see full doors being more expensive tho since they are larger. A wrap should be easy however since you would only be doing the outside of the door and they are flat.

Nicalife

Leave em. Unique look and now you can put that money elsewhere into something functional.

That idea is The reason why I am on the fence on this one. Although, I would rather spend the money on something functional; I didn't want to make the mistake not to paint them in the event that I would have to sell it. Decisions, decisions! Thank you!

Top Bottom