Need a Trac bar recommendation

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I'm currently in the market for a new front trac bar. I'm running a factory bar and the bushings are worn out causing DW.

What have you guys used ?

I was looking online at the Currie Trac Bar that has a urethane bushing in the frame side and a Johnny joint on the axle side.

Has anyone run this bar ?

Anyways any recommendation would be great.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think crown makes a good replacement. I know there is two different factory ones. It something like that.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Currie makes good stuff. If your willing to pay the $$$ I'd go that route. Otherwise look for a stocker that someone replaced with a TF one :yup:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Check on rockauto.com also. I don't know if they have it or not but I've ordered parts from them before at half the price of other places for stock replacement parts.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hinrichs, Why would you recommend a stock track bar over an adjustable one?
Just curious for my own reference!

Cause it's a solid piece and it's free. Your better off doing a drag link flip kit as it helps fix your geometry more than just an adjustable bar

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Hinrichs, Why would you recommend a stock track bar over an adjustable one?
Just curious for my own reference!

An adjustable one is needed when you lift your jeep. When you get to 3 inches of lift or more you also need to do a drag link flip kit like the one offered from EVO that also raises the axle side track bar mount at the same time. With that kit you can use the stock track bar again. [emoji106]

Edit to add: Cozdude beat me to it.

psmith

What about just replacing the bushings in the trac bar you have? On my 08 I was able to get the bushings from Napa. They were Clevite ones so they were decent. They only listed one end (forget which end) but the same bushing fit in the actual shell of the bigger end. Just had to burn the old rubber out with a torch while keeping the outer shell intact. Total cost was $30 or so. Might be worth investigating if you have the tools/ability.

An adjustable one is needed when you lift your jeep. When you get to 3 inches of lift or more you also need to do a drag link flip kit like the one offered from EVO that also raises the axle side track bar mount at the same time. With that kit you can use the stock track bar again. [emoji106]

Edit to add: Cozdude beat me to it.

Thanks guys I didn't know you could still use the stock track bar! Good to know!

spicoli

I know a lot of people don't think it is a needed mod, but I just did Synergy sector shaft brace and track bar and I think the quality is good. I didn't expect any change in handling but that sector shaft brace increased steering response significantly. Just food for thought if you're going to replace your track bar.

I don't know any long term side effects yet; time will tell. I have noticed that I feel bumps slightly more in the steering wheel from the road than before.

Last edited:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I ended up getting a Crown replacement that's identical to the factory for about $70

gary2

I also went with Synergy's Track Bar, TB brace/sector shaft brace to make the OE box last longer being no one seems to be interested in building a better steering box. Not interested in Hyd assist.

spicoli

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I ended up getting a Crown replacement that's identical to the factory for about $70

That's too bad. I would have shipped you mine for free plus whatever the shipping fees are. Only had 9 months of use, 17,000 miles.

Dopey84

That's too bad. I would have shipped you mine for free plus whatever the shipping fees are. Only had 9 months of use, 17,000 miles.

I've been considering looking for a back up track bar for I'm limited on my budget and mine is pretty worn out...

Would you still consider this and how much is shipping??

Top Bottom